Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
  1. #31
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hong View Post
    Thanks, works the way i wanted now with G531GW, even messing with profile in armoury crate will not affect my throttle stop
    tweaks now, and cpu will run normally in idle where from 900mhz/1ghz to turbo frequency, as oppose to before where armoury crate will force apply the profile and run at max cpu frequency all the time doesn't matter what i did, now i am having low cpu speed in idle with plug in or on battery, i like it better this way
    Your CPU running at full speed is recommended. It does not use more power, so it's not heating up, but you have instant access to fast reaction. It's like driving your car down a slope in gear. It uses no fuel but responds instantaneously. Running your CPU on lower clock could actually be even more power demanding.

  2. #32
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by AtGrigorov View Post
    Your CPU running at full speed is recommended. It does not use more power, so it's not heating up, but you have instant access to fast reaction. It's like driving your car down a slope in gear. It uses no fuel but responds instantaneously. Running your CPU on lower clock could actually be even more power demanding.
    uh problem is running at max is actually heating my cpu to 60-70c in idle doing nothing, and i live in malaysia hot weather so nah i prefer to clock down in idle
    Last edited by Kyle Hong; 10-11-2020 at 09:19 AM.

  3. #33
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    running at normal low frequency in idle temp is 40-50c, running at max frequency heat up to 60-70c so yeah, besides most pc or laptop i know of does not run max all the time while doing nothing, until i bought this rog scar 3, now i had no idea if running max all the time is good or bad, i have seen people explaining that running max speed all the time is not harmful or consume more powers but from what i can see in my temps though, i am not happy to see high temp in idle

  4. #34
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    119

    The CPU speed has nothing to do with its powerdraw. The power used corresponds to the heat produced. When a thread is not used, it just goes to C7 state (switched off in general). You're understanding the things wrong, I guess. If under load you've capped the MHz - it makes sense, but if in idle or performing low demanding operations - it does not. Anyway, it's better to keep temps low, using lower PL limits instead of lowering CPU speed.

  5. #35
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by AtGrigorov View Post
    The CPU speed has nothing to do with its powerdraw. The power used corresponds to the heat produced. When a thread is not used, it just goes to C7 state (switched off in general). You're understanding the things wrong, I guess. If under load you've capped the MHz - it makes sense, but if in idle or performing low demanding operations - it does not. Anyway, it's better to keep temps low, using lower PL limits instead of lowering CPU speed.
    uh i know about the c6 and higher states where the cpu goes idle, sure it has nothing to do with power draw even if cpu is running at max frequency but the fact is my cpu runs hot when it's at it's max frequency, also i have set PL limit, undervolted, lower turbo ratio to keep temp between 80-90c even when gaming, you need to understand in hot countries it is not easy to maintain and get high frequency, i rather keep it cool and play it safe then degrading the life span

  6. #36
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    106

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hong View Post
    uh i know about the c6 and higher states where the cpu goes idle, sure it has nothing to do with power draw even if cpu is running at max frequency but the fact is my cpu runs hot when it's at it's max frequency, also i have set PL limit, undervolted, lower turbo ratio to keep temp between 80-90c even when gaming, you need to understand in hot countries it is not easy to maintain and get high frequency, i rather keep it cool and play it safe then degrading the life span
    What is armoury crate reporting your GPU and CPU fans rpm when idle and under max load?

  7. #37
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    What is armoury crate reporting your GPU and CPU fans rpm when idle and under max load?
    idle at 2500/2800 rpm, under aida 64 stress stress, it goes to 3500-3600 then to 4000-4500 rpm

  8. #38
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    thank you bro

    Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    Found an easier fix, just disable background functionality of Armoury Crate in Windows Settings >> Background apps.
    I wanted to check before posting, there in no affect on the Armoury Crate functionality. Keyboard Lighting and fan modes are working normally as before.
    Good thing, no need to do it every restart.
    Attachment 86327
    This worked for me thanks bro

  9. #39
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Speed affects powerdraw

    Quote Originally Posted by AtGrigorov View Post
    The CPU speed has nothing to do with its powerdraw. The power used corresponds to the heat produced. When a thread is not used, it just goes to C7 state (switched off in general). You're understanding the things wrong, I guess. If under load you've capped the MHz - it makes sense, but if in idle or performing low demanding operations - it does not. Anyway, it's better to keep temps low, using lower PL limits instead of lowering CPU speed.
    This is not true, if you set windows to high performance constantly maxing out speed (instead of balanced) the cpu constantly draws more power, I have a 9900k, a 3600, a 8400 and a 4800HS and they all do this, so at least the last 3 generations of CPUs from both manufacturers, when running on windows at full speed, draw more power.

  10. #40
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by HRCMrPink View Post
    This is not true, if you set windows to high performance constantly maxing out speed (instead of balanced) the cpu constantly draws more power, I have a 9900k, a 3600, a 8400 and a 4800HS and they all do this, so at least the last 3 generations of CPUs from both manufacturers, when running on windows at full speed, draw more power.
    Now read my statement once again I'm saying it doesn't matter in idle, not in full load. What I also said is - it's way better to temperature control a laptop with power limits than with CPU speed. So, I'm standing behind my words, and each and everyone is true fellas.
    Last edited by AtGrigorov; 10-18-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •