cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fa506iv

dcbryantmjkda
Level 7
If you have this model, I got a few questions for you.

First, have you found a way to help better cool the machine? Thus far, despite my efforts of setting the machine to not limit the fans, if I'm running a VM or running Premier Pro and encoding a video I still seem to hit the 90 degree C mark every so often.

Now I can understand this happening if I'm doing both the VM, especially something heavy like updating Windows 10, and encoding a video. However, I'm curious if anyone has had luck with getting the temp digits to dial back? Like somehow controlling the fans to either run faster earlier in the process or get the to run faster - if that's even possible?

Another question I have is even more specific.

If you use the display link USB 3.0 3900 model, you use Premier Pro and have you have an external monitor connected via DVI cable - do you have a random latency issue on the external screen that only happens seemingly random when Premiere Pro launches? told you it was specific 🙂 btw, if anyone is wondering, yes I've already made posts on the display link forum, and the adobe side. Thus far no one has either replied or had any ideas.
3 REPLIES 3

dcbryantmjkda
Level 7
dcbryantmjkda wrote:

First, have you found a way to help better cool the machine? Thus far, despite my efforts of setting the machine to not limit the fans, if I'm running a VM or running Premier Pro and encoding a video I still seem to hit the 90 degree C mark every so often.

Now I can understand this happening if I'm doing both the VM, especially something heavy like updating Windows 10, and encoding a video. However, I'm curious if anyone has had luck with getting the temp digits to dial back? Like somehow controlling the fans to either run faster earlier in the process or get the to run faster - if that's even possible?

If you use the display link USB 3.0 3900 model, you use Premier Pro and have you have an external monitor connected via DVI cable - do you have a random latency issue on the external screen that only happens seemingly random when Premiere Pro launches? told you it was specific 🙂 btw, if anyone is wondering, yes I've already made posts on the display link forum, and the adobe side. Thus far no one has either replied or had any ideas.

Something to add is this, if you use Premier Pro, what's the temp rating you see if you're doing rendering/encoding?

dcbryantmjkda
Level 7
dcbryantmjkda wrote:

I've noticed that the latency happens on the main screen so I'm thinking that this isn't something specific to the second monitor. Will have to wait and see if it happens when connected to the docking station.

However new question

Does anyone notice that if you restart the machine it seems to takes "ages" longer than if you shut down and do a cold boot?

I'm using the latest version now of Armoury Crate, and here's something I've noticed.

I have features that I didn't have before -- but that could have been an update/new feature and or could have been broken before.

Additionally, something I've noticed is that if I'm running video encoding with premiere pro AND I have the crate set to silent, my computer doesn't get nearly as hot.

At one point I was pushing 105 according to the machine specs.

Now, on average I run between 79 and 87

I would have thought that by switching to silent one of these would have happened.

Machine gets too hot and shuts down.

Performance is severely impacted if I'm doing video encoding/running a VM

The time it takes to run an install in VM or do video encode takes exponentially longer.

While it seems to take A little longer on the encode portion it doesn't seem to be too bad.

Very interesting no?