cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools/Driver etc not working

Athlios
Level 8
I get this message and I don't know what else to do. Tried reinstalling etc. Followed all step to troubleshoot.

8 REPLIES 8

Terepin
Level 8
I have the same issue.

What motherboard or system do you both have? It must be compatible with Armoury Crate to work. Usually if the Tools/Driver not show up, it means your system/motherboard is incompatible

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042459
Sincerely,
Legolas

looking at the compatible ROG and ROG Strix devices it looks like my ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme is not compatible. my motherboard was shipped or whatever before October 2018. people had that faq to the answer to the problem of people not being able to use Armoury Crate. the RGB stuff seems to work but that is not what i wanted Armoury Crate for. i downloaded Armoury Crate for fan controls and thermal stuff. the ASUS PRIME X399-A has reviews from 2017 but the ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING has reviews this year. i am assuming shipped means when they left the manufacturing plants and got into stores. the faq says anything shipped since October 2018 is compatible. but what exactly do they mean by compatible? the Armoury Crate tool is under Tools & Drivers downloads for my motherboard. why are they putting an incompatible tool to download for my ROG Zenith Extreme? i spent too much time installing and troubleshooting for it to be worth controlling my rainbow pattern of colors on my motherboard.

Terepin
Level 8
You need AI Suite for thermals and fan monitoring. You can't control those via Armoury Crate.

i really want to pass on installing aisuite 3 again. that aisuite tab crashing in the background and windows not telling me. my aisuite quick menu not coming up anymore after some windows update after i got the suite working pretty well. trying to install and uninstall aisuite correctly a bunch of times so it would work. was really hoping armoury crate to be for me but i got excited for nothing. i found armoury crate after looking for what was blacking my screen and freezing my pc. i thought it was cooling problems. then way too much later i found out i just had to unplug my printer from my usb. took me about 3 weeks to figure out that my printer and firefox combo was causing my pc to freeze and give me a black screen at random times when firefox was open. i could go on and on about what i did trying to figure out why my pc was crashing. it was just a letdown when i realized this software does not allow me to really do much with it all on account my hardware is too old. the old software i am using is breaking. sorry about the ranting. i almost reinstalled windows on account of a crappy canon printer.

Terepin
Level 8
Fan controlling is handled via service running in the background. You don't need AI Suite running the whole time, only to set up the fan profiles. After that you can keep it closed. Alternatively, you can use BIOS fan control to avoid using AI Suite completely.

i just use my bios settings now for my fans right now. the bios settings are good enough since i got rid of the overclock. there would be too much screwing around with aisuite to get it to work again to just overclock my pc. i would rather just overclock my video card if i overclock something these days.

Terepin
Level 8
You don't need to use it for anything else but fan control. Ignore everything else but Fan Expert, create fan profiles, save them and you're done. Close AI Suite, disable running at startup and you're set.