cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help choosing the motherboard

Fabio2117
Level 7
Hello i'am building a new gaming pc and i can't understand the differences between these motherboards, and which one is better for me since iam getting the 10900k and the 3080Ventus Oc version.
Atx Rog Maximus XII Formula / XII Maximus Apex or Maximus XII Hero those are the 3 iam willing to choose from in my build . Would anyone give me a help to understand what's best? And why basically so I could learn 😄
Thanks in advance for your answers
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Depends on what you plan to do. Apex is for extreme overclocking, Formula is enthusiast overclocking/gamer, Hero is focused on gaming. If you just want to tweak your CPU and memory a bit then any of them will work.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Depends on what you plan to do. Apex is for extreme overclocking, Formula is enthusiast overclocking/gamer, Hero is focused on gaming. If you just want to tweak your CPU and memory a bit then any of them will work.

Thank you for your time for explaining it to me, and i dont want to overclock any part neither cpu or rams, i just wanted to find tthe best of them because iam going for 3466mhz G.Skill Trident and want to use the maximum performance.of them without overclocking

Thanks

I'd choose Maximus XII Hero for your needs. The Formula is for watercooling enthusiasts that want to watercool their VRMS, while the APEX is for individuals into extreme overclocking.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
With these new GPUs I think you want something recent with PCie 4. That is all I know, so be sure to check your specs so you don't kick yourself down the road.

I wish I had more info for you, but you may just have to play the waiting game for now. But in the end, if you do, you will probably end up with better performance for your money.