cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v3.1.5.0 / v3.1.6.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Release Notes:

V3.1.6.0 (Sept. 24, 2020)
Resolved: Armoury Crate service error issue on laptops

V3.1.5.0
New ASUS theme now available
Aura Sync Smart Mode can now display graphics card temperature
Improved speed for loading device configuration pages
Updated section: Scenario Profiles
UI enhancements
Resolved: ROG Chakram AURA Sync effect issue
Resolved: G.Skill DRAM sync issue

Support for new products:
ROG STRIX SCOPE RX keyboard
GeForce RTX 3090/3080 graphics cards
ROG SWIFT PG329Q
ROG Strix XG32VC

To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our new log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Crowley_07
Level 8
Ok I decided to try the update. It isn't completely broken this time, but I still can not figure out how to select what Advanced Aura effect to use with a Scenario profile. The selection just isn't there. Only a checkbox to use Aura or not:

It seems to remember the settings from the 3.04 version, and works. But If I want to change something? Where is the selection?

Edit to clarify, I'm talking about these effect that I make with aura creator:

In the 3.04 version I could choose what effect to use with which profile.

Windows 10 64-bit
Rog Claymore
All Updates installed.

FlufflePuff1337
Level 9
Can we get a list of whats known and being investigated like open issues etc and whats resolved, im a lot more happier since 3.1.5 update as it runs more like expected, there still issues tho often resolved by restarting lightningservice / armoury crate service or both.

My biggest issues are currently
Profile switching sometimes hit and miss.
Lightningservice glitch where animated rainbow effect only lights up 1 led per led strip every few boots requires restart of the lightningservice to load it properly again.
when if set volume to not change it still changes volume back to what it was before i changed it if i load a app that is in a profile even tho volume is unchecked, this is annoying could lead to problems maybe even hearing damage if not aware of.
Music rgb effect does not play well with sonic studio 3 with sound enhancements on works perfect without, shadowplay used to not record audio in past now does tho just figure it is worth mentioning.
Random high cpu usage armoury crate session helper although rare happens even with automatic game scan being turned off in game section.

The volume bug is somewhat annoying, the lightning service bug is most annoying along with profile switching that is hit and miss at times both of these requires restarting either armoury crate service or lightningservice, it would be far less annoying if i could just press a button to restart both of these.

I am using a G531GW.

Since the update of Armoury Crate v3.1.5.0, the "Armoury Crate User Session Helper.exe" has been using about 15% of cpu on idle. This causes the cpu fans to be louder than normal on idle.

In the current version of Armoury Crate v3.1.6.0, it is still not resolved.

JonTeoh wrote:
I am using a G531GW.

Since the update of Armoury Crate v3.1.5.0, the "Armoury Crate User Session Helper.exe" has been using about 15% of cpu on idle. This causes the cpu fans to be louder than normal on idle.

Can confirm this as well.

JonTeoh wrote:
I am using a G531GW.

I thought it was caused by automatic scan in background for new games, but if had it with it unchecked as well altho its rare.

Killing the process automatically when windows starts seems to help, at least so far.

Crowley_07 wrote:
Killing the process automatically when windows starts seems to help, at least so far.

I just restart armoury crate service if it happens cos i do not wanna break profile switching.

The process starts back up automatically, but does not seem to use cpu much anymore. The profile switching works somewhat, but seems worse than 3.0.4.

I still wish there was a simple cmd tool to switch Aura effects, I could make better profile switcher myself.

Since the update the following has occurred on my DX550LXS Duo:

I think I've gotten to the point where it's mostly functional, but I still experience intense CPU usage.

I'm now stuck with my ROG key, Aura keys, and fan/power mode/profile button remaining unresponsive. Additionally, when this happens the majority of my FN keys do not work as well as this error occurring in MyAsus (seems to have hosed the system controls interface with the new software):

I have experienced the following issues throughout the process.

Extremely high CPU usage 15-20%.
Doesn't detect all devices.
Game Scan does not work.
System Configuration does not load, for example I can't change between discrete and optimus graphics modes in Armoury Crate.
Aura, fan profile, and ROG Armoury Crate keys on the laptop no longer function properly.
Armoury Crate takes incredibly long to load.
Sometimes the profiles won't load, and GPU stats will not be displayed.
Sometimes I get service not available upon loading Armoury Crate.
Aura Sync is completely broken and will not detect any of the attached devices including system devices.

I can get the service to run with the Crate Install Tool, then the service fails to load yet again on reboot.

Initially, this appears to be an issue with the new Armoury Crate Service, which happens to take a long time to start upon boot as observed in the services snap in module.

This is absolutely unacceptable to have rolled out without proper testing on a laptop that retails for $3699. It seems like there may have been no testing prior to this release and forced update--especially when it was working fine before.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.6.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.22
Armoury Crate service 3.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.2.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.27
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.27
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.2.3
AacAudioHal 1.3.11.0
AacDispaly 1.1.29

Windows Build

Asus Devices

You can see below the System Configuration widget never loads...

Sometimes it loads like this with no GPU or fan stats, as well as without detecting devices.

CPU Usage when functioning, I believe the following two processes are also potentially related.

Service Running w/ Excessive CPU Usage

CPU Usage When Service Hangs Attempting to Start

Service Hung

Service Error When Everything Is SNAFU