Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ricksy View Post
    I dont know about rumours, however Ive ordered a 3090 non-OC strix card from Scan-UK as soon as it went live, and was told my queue placement is 19th. This was on 24th September... My queue placement now is still 19th. Which means Scan hadnt received any non-oc strix 3090s. It would seem silly to me to only manufacture the OC models and begin with the non-oc once the demand is met? Does anyone know anything more?
    An update to this, Scan UK did receive a shipment of around 17 asus cards yesterday (Across all models) and now my queue placement is 17. So it does seem non-oc models are actually being shipped. Just few and far-inbetween

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Undertoker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklas0912 View Post
    Hello.

I got a lucky ordre on a RTX 3090 Strix, But I can see there is also a version that is called RTX 3090 Strix OC.

what is the difference?

THE PCB, anything should be the same, as I can see the only difference is that the Strix OC just come with a higher OC out of the box, and that is the only thing? you can even put the Strix OC bios on the Strix card I guss? as it is the same card?

Asus RTX 3090 Strix: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...90-24G-GAMING/
    Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC : https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...90-24G-GAMING/

Hope some one reply, thanks

The pcb is identical - the only difference is binning and then the bios as a result of that binning
    The OC version has a slightly different bios which clocks it slightly higher.
    Interestingly the manufacturing process has been so good on the Strix that there are not many non OC cards even available, so you are pretty fortunate to have found a non OC version

Do remember it does mean that this specific gpu did not run stable at quite as good a frequency when tested and as such will therefore not overclock as well as an OC version which has simply been tested to be stable at a slightly higher frequency.
    I would assume that it could be flashed with an OC bios and you can download the OC bios from asus as there was an update recently to fix the idle fan speed bug
    Last edited by Undertoker; 11-19-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    I9 9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz
    Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC Edition
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
    Asus ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
    G Skill RGB 32GB DDR2@ 4000Mhz
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus Polaris M2 - 1TB x 2off
    Samsung 830 SSD - 1TB x 3off
    NZXT Z63 Kraken CPU Cooler
    NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modded
    Asus ROG THOR 1200w PSU
    Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
    Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard