cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus VG249Q monitor issue

yoco007
Level 7
Hi all. I bought a new monitor. The monitor is great. I just have one issue I don't know how to solve. When I turn off the monitor and then turn it back on (there's sound as new device being connected to the computer), shortcuts on my desktop get moved. I set refresh rate to 144 Hertz. This doesn't happen if I switch back to 60 Hertz. I don't know why this is happening. The monitor is connected with display port. My GPU is 1060 6gb. I only have one monitor.

I would really appreciate any help!
5 REPLIES 5

yoco007
Level 7
bump

So no one has any idea why this is happening??

Anyway, I was also wondering if I can disable auto switch to HDMI when I'm restarting my pc. As soon as screen goes black it switches to HDMI. It's annoying because I can't get into bios. I'd rather it keeps on being black screen or until I manually switch. I had this option on my really old Samsung monitor.

I am having another issue with this monitor (ASUS TUF VG249Q). After updating to the latest drivers (Cyberpunk 2077 Ready drivers) every time when restarting or booting up PC the screen goes black for five seconds and then everything goes back to normal. Although my problem is not so serious as yours, even after two driver updates (one hotfix and other a regular) I am still having this problem, my monitor is connected with a Display Port cable and I suspect that it has something to do with the drivers (since I game normally and do other things without problems). Disabling FreeSync and G-Sync (I know not officially certified) stil the same, my GPU is ASUS TUF 1660 Super X3

Update: I solved my problem by reinstalling my drivers using display driver uninstaller with the latest GeForce Hotfix driver (Cyberpunk 2077 driver installation caused my PC to restart mid-update and that something done to FreeSync issue I was having)

I have the same problem i switch from hdmi cable to display port because i thought that  was the problem and it is the same problem again now i have to play on 100 hz to remove the black fat line on the bottom of my screen had this problem with 2  different pc's

Hello blend,

Does this happen with both games and the desktop?

The black fat line could be something to do with the resolution.

When you switch to 144Hz, does it keep the native resolution of 1920 x1080?

What resolution does it show in the game settings?