cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus XI Formula OLED / Live Dash Issues

noperative
Level 7
I started having issues with Livedash a while back and could no longer control my OLED.

I updated to the latest BIOS, Livedash and Armoury Crate. Livedash would not control the OLED, any changes made in Live Dash did nothing.

I have read a few posts stating that I could control the OLED through Armoury Crate. I uninstalled Livedash, Uninstalled Armoury Crate, Re-installed the latest version of Armoury Crate. I do not see anything that mentions the OLED or any way to control it VIA Armoury Crate.

I am using iCUE to control the LEDs on the motherboard, does this maybe have anything to do with why I cannot control or even see an OLED option in Armoury Crate ?
7 REPLIES 7

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Do you have the choice that I show in the attached picture?

noperative
Level 7
I do but, when I click on it, it says i need pre-requisites, when I try to download them, or anything through the Armoury Crate app they stall and dont go past 55%.

noperative wrote:
I do but, when I click on it, it says i need pre-requisites, when I try to download them, or anything through the Armoury Crate app they stall and dont go past 55%.

There is one thing I need to understand. Did you at once have both Armoury Crate and LiveDash installed at the same time?

noperative
Level 7
Yes I did, at least when I first got / installed the motherboard.

noperative wrote:
Yes I did, at least when I first got / installed the motherboard.

That is what eventually screwed it up. I had an issue with Livedash not working in Armoury Crate. The only way I was able to fix it was I had to use an Uninstaller application that monitors installs and uninstalls. There is no way to completely uninstall Armoury Crate Without and Uninstaller application because (According the the uninstall application) it creates over 2000 registry entries and about 500 files. I'm using IOBit Uninstaller. What I had to do is uninstall Armoury Crate. Install the uninstaller application so I can monitor the reinstallation of armoury crate. Then use the uninstaller application to uninstall Armoury crate and all its dependencies and then reinstall Armoury Crate. What a pain in the ass it was, but it worked. FYI, There is no way to know where all the junk and leftover files are when you uninstall armoury Crate normally. Also, I would make sure all is uninstalled and Using the Uninstaller app and install live dash while the uninstaller monitors the installation and then uninstall it through the uninstaller.

The reason why I'm asking you to do this is because the Uninstaller app doesn't know all the files that was installed and what entries were made in the registry if it didn't monitor the installation first.

Where is the installer for livedash? Is that no longer a thing? Am i supposed to access the controls to the livedash via armory crate and due to issues with Aura sync and armorycrate i cant access live dash? I keep seeing screenshots of live dash as a standalone app like aura sync along with the nice intro from the asus site but i cannot find a download to livedash?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
live dash is EOL. all applications regarding the control of the aio and board o led apanel and lights, as to pass by ArmoryCrate.
Learn, Play Enjoy!