cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "power down mode" for ram in BIOS?

empleat
Level 10
I found from other 2 posts on asus rog forums, that this should be under "DRAM Timings Control" screen. I went over it multiple times and looked all over ai overclocking section. Yet i am still unable to find "power down mode" option. I was told to turn this off.

Where would i find this in BIOS? THANKS!
6 REPLIES 6

RedSector73
Level 12
In advanced mode
goto AI tweaker
then DRAM Timing Control
scroll down toward the bottom of timings near gear down mode.

RedSector73 wrote:
In advanced mode
goto AI tweaker
then DRAM Timing Control
scroll down toward the bottom of timings near gear down mode.

I should have probably said what my motherboard is sorry - z390-i gaming. Thing is there is no gear mode at the bottom, there is not anything remotely close to power down mode. https://youtu.be/5n8pwr69y4A?t=61

Also how i disable memory fast boot?

I read manual, but there is nothing in OC section.

Thanks for an answer.

empleat wrote:
I should have probably said what my motherboard is sorry - z390-i gaming. Thing is there is no gear mode at the bottom, there is not anything remotely close to power down mode. https://youtu.be/5n8pwr69y4A?t=61

Also how i disable memory fast boot?

I read manual, but there is nothing in OC section.

Thanks for an answer.

That is an AMD setting, maybe you are thinking of PPD on Intel? If so that is only on some of the new Z490 boards.

If you want to find a setting in your BIOS look at the top, its says F9 use that to search in the BIOS.

You can set PPD to 0 using Memtweakit in Windows but you will have to manually set it after each reboot.

bscool wrote:
That is an AMD setting, maybe you are thinking of PPD on Intel? If so that is only on some of the new Z490 boards.

If you want to find a setting in your BIOS look at the top, its says F9 use that to search in the BIOS.

You can set PPD to 0 using Memtweakit in Windows but you will have to manually set it after each reboot.

Hmm on linus tech tips someone with 6k posts told me to disable this. It looks like it is only for Z490 and i don't want to do that manually each start. And i don't think this is necessary now, because of reason i wanted to do turn it on was ram voltage fluctuations and gskill says it is fine.

Btw is there memory fast boot option on my motherboard (z390-i gaming), i can't find it anywhere. I will try f9, if it works. It is weird i was looking around and didn't see search.

fast boot is off otherwise could not enter the BIOS.

RedSector73 wrote:
fast boot is off otherwise could not enter the BIOS.

I don't mean classic fast boot, i meant memory fast boot. I tried to f9 find it, but it didn't find even classical fast boot. Doesn't seem to work... Btw ppd is precharge power down ?