Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Question Where is "power down mode" for ram in BIOS?

    I found from other 2 posts on asus rog forums, that this should be under "DRAM Timings Control" screen. I went over it multiple times and looked all over ai overclocking section. Yet i am still unable to find "power down mode" option. I was told to turn this off.

    Where would i find this in BIOS? THANKS!

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    40
    Posts
    772

    In advanced mode
    goto AI tweaker
    then DRAM Timing Control
    scroll down toward the bottom of timings near gear down mode.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    In advanced mode
    goto AI tweaker
    then DRAM Timing Control
    scroll down toward the bottom of timings near gear down mode.
    I should have probably said what my motherboard is sorry - z390-i gaming. Thing is there is no gear mode at the bottom, there is not anything remotely close to power down mode. https://youtu.be/5n8pwr69y4A?t=61

    Also how i disable memory fast boot?

    I read manual, but there is nothing in OC section.

    Thanks for an answer.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    I should have probably said what my motherboard is sorry - z390-i gaming. Thing is there is no gear mode at the bottom, there is not anything remotely close to power down mode. https://youtu.be/5n8pwr69y4A?t=61

    Also how i disable memory fast boot?

    I read manual, but there is nothing in OC section.

    Thanks for an answer.

    That is an AMD setting, maybe you are thinking of PPD on Intel? If so that is only on some of the new Z490 boards.

    If you want to find a setting in your BIOS look at the top, its says F9 use that to search in the BIOS.

    You can set PPD to 0 using Memtweakit in Windows but you will have to manually set it after each reboot.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post
    That is an AMD setting, maybe you are thinking of PPD on Intel? If so that is only on some of the new Z490 boards.

    If you want to find a setting in your BIOS look at the top, its says F9 use that to search in the BIOS.

    You can set PPD to 0 using Memtweakit in Windows but you will have to manually set it after each reboot.
    Hmm on linus tech tips someone with 6k posts told me to disable this. It looks like it is only for Z490 and i don't want to do that manually each start. And i don't think this is necessary now, because of reason i wanted to do turn it on was ram voltage fluctuations and gskill says it is fine.

    Btw is there memory fast boot option on my motherboard (z390-i gaming), i can't find it anywhere. I will try f9, if it works. It is weird i was looking around and didn't see search.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    40
    Posts
    772

    fast boot is off otherwise could not enter the BIOS.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    fast boot is off otherwise could not enter the BIOS.
    I don't mean classic fast boot, i meant memory fast boot. I tried to f9 find it, but it didn't find even classical fast boot. Doesn't seem to work... Btw ppd is precharge power down ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •