cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2_2 Configuration not saved in bios

Pteradon
Level 7
Hello,

I have tried to solve it and searched the web, but till now no luck.

The problem is, that i wanted to set the M.2_2 Configuration ( in the bios) to X4.
But when the system is restarted, it is set back to X2.

I have only 1 Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 1Tb as a harddisk fitted on the mobo and it's capable for X4.
It's fitted on the M.2_1 (socket3) right below the cpu.

My mobo is a Asus Maximus Hero X and the bios is version 2402.

The settings in bios:

PCIEX4_3 Bandwith is set to default X2 ( tried to set it to X4, but no joy)
M.2_1 Configuration: [Auto][SATA mode][PCIE mode is set to Auto ( tried to set to SATA, but also no joy)
M.2_2 Configuration is default set at X2. ( Can be set to X4 but isn't saved to the bios and flips back to X2)

Hopefully someone can help me with this one.
3 REPLIES 3

no1yak
Level 8
If you only have one NVMe drive in M2-1 then why are you worrying about the M.2-2 slot. You can leave M.2-1 in auto or set it to PCIe mode. As far as I'm aware(could be wrong) M2-2 wont change if there is no NVMe drive in the slot. You can always move your drive to M.2-2 and see if that will get you X4. I don,t have the Hero X but my XI doesn't have those settings in the bios my IX does but both M.2 slots are in use so can't test it for you.

Pteradon
Level 7
After reading your post, i feel really dumb right now.
Not realizing M2_2 stands for the socket. ( i was thinking about setting up the second step X4)

So thank you for this wake-up call 😄
Before someone else will post a image as a response, i will do it myself...

Pteradon wrote:
After reading your post, i feel really dumb right now.
Not realizing M2_2 stands for the socket. ( i was thinking about setting up the second step X4)

So thank you for this wake-up call 😄
Before someone else will post a image as a response, i will do it myself...

No such thing as a dumb question, the only dumb thing is not to ask it.