cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have a Notebook with working keyboard backlights, I need a dump of your BIOS

Fuurinkazan
Level 7
The Non Critical Block 2 of my BIOS has been corrupted meaning I no longer have functioning keyboard backlight. And I did not make a backup of my BIOS prior to this issue. Resetting the CMOS or flashing a new BIOS from my notebooks drivers page also does not work. If you are willing, I really need a BIOS dump from an Asus notebook with currently working backlit keyboard so that I can reflash the Non Critical Block 2 of my BIOS.

NOTEBOOK MODEL DOES NOT MATTER, ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOUR NOTEBOOK IS FROM ASUS. BUT A BIOS DUMP FROM A GL502VT IS PREFERED

If you do not know how, https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AB4nZoUb2Q2nXMc&cid=5014229B9E752333&id=5014229B9E752333%21671... this tool can save a dump of your currently installed BIOS.

Download, extract, and run "AFUWINGUI.exe", Click "Save" at the bottom of the program, and upload your BIOS dump somewhere I can download it.

If anyone is willing to do it, I would really appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2

Desani
Level 8
I just performed the BIOS dump and will send you a pm with a download link. My current unit is a G732LWS with a functioning keyboard backlight.
Asus G732LWS
Geforce GTX 2070 Super
Intel i7-10875h

Desani wrote:
I just performed the BIOS dump and will send you a pm with a download link. My current unit is a G732LWS with a functioning keyboard backlight.

thanks for taking the time to dump your bios. Unfortunately, it was too big (2x bigger than my bios) so I wasn't able to flash it. I guess it needs to be 5.87-6MB total. Replying in thread and not PM so that if anyone sees this, they'll know im still having trouble.