cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wake from sleep issue

shagadelic45
Level 7
Brand new Rog Strix B550-I motherboard with Windows 10 64 bit Pro.

When pc goes to sleep......moving mouse or typing on keyboard, or pushing power button....actually causes the pc to shut down.

I then have to press the power button A SECOND TIME to wake the pc.

When the pc does come back...my tabs are still open....but it shouldn't take 2 power wakes and shouldn't be "shutting down" when you are waking it....

thanks in advance

55 REPLIES 55

xeromist
***Thread moved. You must have an existing RMA to post in Service Inquiries.***
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

i've tried updating bios and changing windows power settings but nothing changes.

any help would be great

xeromist
Don't know. Maybe unstable power when it wakes up? I don't use sleep. Try disconnecting as many devices and accessories you can for testing. Use keyboard without mouse, mouse without keyboard, etc.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

i unplugged usb devices, but still no change.

still have to power on TWICE to wake from sleep.....

shagadelic45 wrote:
i unplugged usb devices, but still no change.

still have to power on TWICE to wake from sleep.....

any other ideas???

xeromist
You could try tinkering with the S-state settings in the BIOS. That should not be necessary but it might allow you to circumvent whatever is causing this.

Also, if you have any overclocks or higher speed memory you may want to restore BIOS defaults and try with lower speeds to see if that makes a difference.

xeromist wrote:
You could try tinkering with the S-state settings in the BIOS. That should not be necessary but it might allow you to circumvent whatever is causing this.

Also, if you have any overclocks or higher speed memory you may want to restore BIOS defaults and try with lower speeds to see if that makes a difference.

not overclocking but i will try the s state settings and repost
thanks!

shagadelic45 wrote:
not overclocking but i will try the s state settings and repost
thanks!

sadly no change......just really weird

shagadelic45 wrote:
sadly no change......just really weird

I have the same problem with B550-I, still don't know how to fix it though. I think the issue is that the computer actually fails to boot from sleep mode, so when you first press the power button or any other button, the computer tries to boot from sleep mode but then suddenly fails and enters hibernation mode (Windows default setting is hybrid sleep enabled). Then, when you hit the power button again, it is actually booting from hibernation mode, which is why you will see the bios screen and everything is still there when the system is loaded.