Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mnksauce View Post
    I have two Sabrent Rocket's 1TB.
    • The secondary 1TB drive never disappears
    • I tried to set each manually to PCI Gen4 and PCI Gen3

I feel like ASUS's response is a cop out. Sounds really like a standard customer support script. Hopefully the new AGESA version will do something.

At this point, I've just disabled sleep. It's super dumb, but this where I'm at.
    any negatives to turning off sleep for the NVME drive? if always "on" is that bad for it?

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi guys. Stumbled across this thread while searching the forums for an unrelated matter pertaining to my daughter's B550 ITX build.

I've seen this issue before. I don't think it's an Asus issue as I've seen it from motherboards from multiple manufacturers. I believe it's related to PCI Express link state power management.

Basically, type 'Edit power plan" in the Windows search bar, then click on 'Change advanced power settings' , click 'PCI Express' to expand it. Select "Link State Power Management" and turn this setting to off. It should (hopefully) resolve your issue.

Other settings in there that you can change if this doesn't work to your satisfaction include disabling the USB selective suspend setting as well as setting 'Turn off hard disk after" to "Never".

Hope this helps with your issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deke06 View Post
    Hi guys. Stumbled across this thread while searching the forums for an unrelated matter pertaining to my daughter's B550 ITX build.

I've seen this issue before. I don't think it's an Asus issue as I've seen it from motherboards from multiple manufacturers. I believe it's related to PCI Express link state power management.

Basically, type 'Edit power plan" in the Windows search bar, then click on 'Change advanced power settings' , click 'PCI Express' to expand it. Select "Link State Power Management" and turn this setting to off. It should (hopefully) resolve your issue.

Other settings in there that you can change if this doesn't work to your satisfaction include disabling the USB selective suspend setting as well as setting 'Turn off hard disk after" to "Never".

Hope this helps with your issue.

thanks, i'll give it a try. one small note...i don't have an option for "never" for "turn off hard disk"...I can only change a number from 0 to 9999

ROG Junior Member Array

Zero should be equivalent to never in that case.

New ROGer Array fatalhalt PC Specs
    fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 1202 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

problem fixed

Switching to Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe ZP1000GM30002 which is on the QVL list solved my wake issue! My system survived 7 hour sleep and then again 20 hour sleep.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fatalhalt View Post
    Switching to Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe ZP1000GM30002 which is on the QVL list solved my wake issue! My system survived 7 hour sleep and then again 20 hour sleep.
    you didn't change any settings then, just the actual hard drive?

New ROGer Array fatalhalt PC Specs
    fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 1202 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

Quote Originally Posted by shagadelic45 View Post
    you didn't change any settings then, just the actual hard drive?
    Correct.

New ROGer Array

I'm having the same issue, after a failed wake from sleep, I turned off PC using power button, then turn on again. The PC quickly restarts to BIOS then back to OS, weird that the original state is still good, meaning all opened apps are still there (probably due to hybrid sleep being on). Sleep issue only happens if PC sleeps for more than 30 minutes. My NVME drive is also not on the QVL list so I ordered a WD Black 1TB NVME, hopefully, this should fix the issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by alcjamasu View Post
    I'm having the same issue, after a failed wake from sleep, I turned off PC using power button, then turn on again. The PC quickly restarts to BIOS then back to OS, weird that the original state is still good, meaning all opened apps are still there (probably due to hybrid sleep being on). Sleep issue only happens if PC sleeps for more than 30 minutes. My NVME drive is also not on the QVL list so I ordered a WD Black 1TB NVME, hopefully, this should fix the issue.
    Let us know if this fixes things. I'm having difficulty in convincing ASUS that this is a problem with the firmware.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by balalogic View Post
    Let us know if this fixes things. I'm having difficulty in convincing ASUS that this is a problem with the firmware.
    Okay new SSD (WD_Black 1TB SN750 - WDS100T3X0C) arrived and installed. Happy to report that the issue is fixed, no more issues even PC went with 8 hours of sleep. Can't believe that a mobo as expensive as this is so picky on what SSD to use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast