Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cy910805 View Post
    I have the same problem with B550-I, still don't know how to fix it though. I think the issue is that the computer actually fails to boot from sleep mode, so when you first press the power button or any other button, the computer tries to boot from sleep mode but then suddenly fails and enters hibernation mode (Windows default setting is hybrid sleep enabled). Then, when you hit the power button again, it is actually booting from hibernation mode, which is why you will see the bios screen and everything is still there when the system is loaded.
    please post if you figure out or hear of a solution!

New ROGer Array

I'm seeing return from sleep issues with the same exact board, but did notice something a little different with mine.

• I use the power button to come out of sleep as I disable all other wake devices (preference)
    • After coming out of sleep, hitting the power button again doesn't do anything unless I hard shut down (holding power button)
    • If I leave the system alone, computer will reboot, but goes straight into BIOS

I found the last point odd, so I poked around and noticed my primary nvme isn't shown in BIOS anymore. It's as if the drive isn't see after coming out of sleep which is why my system won't "wake up". Full shut down to reboot will get the drive to show again.

I haven't tried to re-seat the nvme yet as I have a second nvme and that hasn't disappeared to my knowledge. Will give an update after re-searing nvme, but found it strange that my primary disappears after coming out sleep.

New ROGer Array fatalhalt PC Specs
    fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 1202 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I Gaming NVMe 4.0 Wakeup BIOS Bug

Quote Originally Posted by mnksauce View Post
    I found the last point odd, so I poked around and noticed my primary nvme isn't shown in BIOS anymore.
    Oh gosh I just posted about same issue on same motherbord, ROG STRIX B550-I dropping primary NVMe drive on wakeup. I'm too afraid this will never be fixed by Asus as they tend to ignore most if not all users' issues.

I spent literally days of combined non-stop work on my super compact ITX build, waited and froze my $ss in-line waiting to buy Ryzen 5800X on launch day at microcenter, meticulously researched to get power supply cabling work in compact ITX case, meticulously chose B-die 2x16GB memory etc etc only to be letdown by Asus (this is not the first time).

I promised myself never to build another x86 PC due to heat & noise & vulnerabilities & space & issues & overpriced components (either due to scalping or miners) & poor support from OEMs like Asus, only to be baited by 3rd gen Ryzen comeback. I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I might be parting out the system, already ordered Apple iMac mini with M1 Apple Silicon and looking to buy PS5 to cover gaming needs. PCs are always hell, something always will step in the way, I was so close with this build to be perfect.

NVMe dropping from wakeup is absolutely a dealbreaker and causing loss of unsaved work and totally ruins the workflow. What a shame, shame on you Asus, this is not the first, the story keeps repeating. I'm done.

Is there an Asus rep actively reading the forums or anybody from Asus that can forward this critical issue to the BIOS team? Anyone please???

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fatalhalt View Post
    Oh gosh I just posted about same issue on same motherbord, ROG STRIX B550-I dropping primary NVMe drive on wakeup. I'm too afraid this will never be fixed by Asus as they tend to ignore most if not all users' issues.

I spent literally days of combined non-stop work on my super compact ITX build, waited and froze my $ss in-line waiting to buy Ryzen 5800X on launch day at microcenter, meticulously researched to get power supply cabling work in compact ITX case, meticulously chose B-die 2x16GB memory etc etc only to be letdown by Asus (this is not the first time).

I promised myself never to build another x86 PC due to heat & noise & vulnerabilities & space & issues & overpriced components (either due to scalping or miners) & poor support from OEMs like Asus, only to be baited by 3rd gen Ryzen comeback. I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I might be parting out the system, already ordered Apple iMac mini with M1 Apple Silicon and looking to buy PS5 to cover gaming needs. PCs are always hell, something always will step in the way, I was so close with this build to be perfect.

NVMe dropping from wakeup is absolutely a dealbreaker and causing loss of unsaved work and totally ruins the workflow. What a shame, shame on you Asus, this is not the first, the story keeps repeating. I'm done.

Is there an Asus rep actively reading the forums or anybody from Asus that can forward this critical issue to the BIOS team? Anyone please???
    i am having the exact same issue! wake from sleep/hibernate now boots to bios and NVME is not found. but if i totally power down and reboot, then it works.

Asus PLEASE remedy the issue.

New ROGer Array

I'm seeing return from sleep issues with the same exact board, but did notice something a little different with mine.

• I use the power button to come out of sleep as I disable all other wake devices (preference)
    • After coming out of sleep, hitting the power button again doesn't do anything unless I hard shut down (holding power button)
    • If I leave the system alone, computer will reboot, but goes straight into BIOS

I found the last point odd, so I poked around and noticed my primary nvme isn't shown in BIOS anymore. It's as if the drive isn't see after coming out of sleep which is why my system won't "wake up". Full shut down to reboot will get the drive to show again.

I haven't tried to re-seat the nvme yet as I have a second nvme and that hasn't disappeared to my knowledge. Will give an update after re-searing nvme, but found it strange that my primary disappears after coming out sleep.
    let us know how it goes......

New ROGer Array

tried to re-seat without much success. I'm seeing the same patterns.

Messed with all power settings, SVM, hybrid sleep, no hybrid sleep, etc, etc etc. I think I did all combinations.

Did some more internet digging with other makers and boards seeing the same thing. I feel this does come down to a firmware thing.

New ROGer Array

tried to re-seat without much success. I'm seeing the same patterns.

Messed with all power settings, SVM, hybrid sleep, no hybrid sleep, etc, etc etc. I think I did all combinations.

Did some more internet digging with other makers and boards seeing the same thing. I feel this does come down to a firmware thing.
    thanks...hopefully asus come out with a fix

New ROGer Array fatalhalt PC Specs
    fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 1202 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

NVMe from QVL list

@mnksauce what brand of NVMe drive do you have? Also do you happen to have links to similar problems people are having on other boards? I'm just hoping our issues will be solved with next AGESA version in newer BIOS files.

@Shagadelic
    What brand of M.2 NVMe disk do you have? Also is it gen3 or gen4, and are you using primary M.2 slot in the front of motherboard or secondary on the back?

I have received a reply from Asus Support telling me to use a NVMe drive from QVL list https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...sk_QVL_Device/
    My Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0 drive is not on that list. I'm just debating if I should get and try different Gen 4 NVMe drive like CORSAIR Force Series MP600 or Seagate Firecuda 520 Gen 4.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fatalhalt View Post
    @mnksauce what brand of NVMe drive do you have? Also do you happen to have links to similar problems people are having on other boards? I'm just hoping our issues will be solved with next AGESA version in newer BIOS files.

@Shagadelic
    What brand of M.2 NVMe disk do you have? Also is it gen3 or gen4, and are you using primary M.2 slot in the front of motherboard or secondary on the back?

I have received a reply from Asus Support telling me to use a NVMe drive from QVL list https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...sk_QVL_Device/
    My Inland Performance 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0 drive is not on that list. I'm just debating if I should get and try different Gen 4 NVMe drive like CORSAIR Force Series MP600 or Seagate Firecuda 520 Gen 4.
    I have a WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD, on the front primary slot of mb....utilizing PCIe NVMe Gen3 interface . i dont see that on that list either.....

thanks for looking into this...would LOVE a fix!

New ROGer Array

I have two Sabrent Rocket's 1TB.
    • The secondary 1TB drive never disappears
    • I tried to set each manually to PCI Gen4 and PCI Gen3

I feel like ASUS's response is a cop out. Sounds really like a standard customer support script. Hopefully the new AGESA version will do something.

At this point, I've just disabled sleep. It's super dumb, but this where I'm at.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast