cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code or not? Voltage max?

8eofilos
Level 9
I have overclocked the CPU to all cores at 4.3 GHz Stable and the voltage is set with offset to 1.288 in the BIOS. The Hardware info is giving me sometimes
1.3 Volts. The Ram is running at 3600 MHz. The PC is working fine, but I see this 0C on the motherboard Display and do not know if it is a problem. The Motherboard is less than a month old as well as the RAM, CPU, M.2 NVMe and Power Supply. The SSD's and the SATA HDD Drives and the Graphics Card are from my old build. My temps never go above 70-71C when rendering. Idle it goes from High 20s to Mid 30s. Normal work is always under 60C. I have memtest-ed my RAM and Prime95 my CPU and everything is stable. I actually have tested it at 1.325V all core 4.4GHz and it worked fine and passed 8000 Points in Cinebench. But I was reading that the 3900X shouldn't run over 1.3 V all core because it will degrade it, even though my Temps never passed 78C on heavy workloads, so I backed it down to the 4.3GHz and I am pretty happy about the stability of the system while running all this programs at once. All the above I did with only adjusting the offset values and the Ram clock to 3600MHz with DOCP
Should I worry, is there something I am missing? Can anyone tell me really what the max voltage for 3900x is safe for all cores?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
1.3v -1.35v is ok if not running heavy AVX workloads. For a gaming system, these manual voltages are fine on this platform. You can experiment with per CCX overclock if wanting to explore higher frequencies on the stronger chiplets.

If planning on running heavy workloads such as encoding or other AVX heavy tasks, I would recommend leaving the system to overclock itself either with PBO enabled or disabled.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
1.3v -1.35v is ok if not running heavy AVX workloads. For a gaming system, these manual voltages are fine on this platform. You can experiment with per CCX overclock if wanting to explore higher frequencies on the stronger chiplets.

If planning on running heavy workloads such as encoding or other AVX heavy tasks, I would recommend leaving the system to overclock itself either with PBO enabled or disabled.

I am not familiar yet with the CCX method. The auto overclock I did with AMD Overdrive wasn't that great. It got some cores working at 4.7 and 4.8 but the performance when doing rendering was very poor. The manual 4.3, 4.4 GHz were best

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
8eofilos wrote:
I see this 0C on the motherboard Display and do not know if it is a problem.

That is normal...it shows OC when you OC 🙂