Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by craig_cabbage View Post
    I've looked at that pad as well. I'm surprised there's not higher quality cooling pads out there, seems like an underserved market.

I might look at getting one with a big center fan.

Yeah I posted in your thread before when you talked about your RAM upgrade. Someone else said ASUS told them the HyperX is not compatible at 3200MHz, I believe. I'm looking at the 16GB equivalent to the 8GB Micron sticks that come stock, and the 16GB sticks are $160 each. I've found others that might be compatible, but at this point I'm waiting for Blake to respond to a list of various sticks I found to confirm compatibility. I think I messaged him a week ago though, so still waiting.... Never had so much trouble with a RAM upgrade.
    Totally understand, I do state tho that the RAM I have purchased works perfectly well with the G512LV and should work with any laptop regardless of model as long as it supports the motherboard albeit the wrong clock speed could have saved money with the 2933MHz rather than the 3200MHz but has never crashed or had any hardware conflicts or errors. The previous thread you read into shows that it works

but yea Asus are slow on the ball on response but given the current climate id say its kinda understandable for that.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AtGrigorov View Post
    @craig_cabbage - 100 C for as long as you like. It would not degrade it. These are the specs of all Intel's CPU from the last 5 years. And yes - I'm with RTX 2070. Repaste is you first step toward decent cooling. Anything else is not gonna give you more than 2-3 degrees down. And use TS.
    It's been discussed multiple times, pretty sure you can't repaste these liquid metal cooled CPUs. Using TS already.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Totally understand, I do state tho that the RAM I have purchased works perfectly well with the G512LV and should work with any laptop regardless of model as long as it supports the motherboard albeit the wrong clock speed could have saved money with the 2933MHz rather than the 3200MHz but has never crashed or had any hardware conflicts or errors. The previous thread you read into shows that it works

but yea Asus are slow on the ball on response but given the current climate id say its kinda understandable for that.
    I could never feel ok purchasing something that doesn't give me the full benefit what I purchased. I am returning the Ballistix I got, and hunting for something that will run at the advertised speeds at a decent price.

Sidenote, y'all seem to be giving Asus, a multimillion dollar corporation, a free pass on what are obvious design flaws. This is my first time buying a laptop of this caliber and expense, and I have to say, for paying a premium price, I am not getting the premium experience I expected. Have never spent more than $1000 on a laptop before, and never had issues with swapping RAM or HDDs or SSDs.

Y'all are focused on what I, as the consumer, should do to improve the premium product that I already paid for. I am focused on what Asus, as a multimillion dollar corporation, should do/have done.
    Last edited by craig_cabbage; 10-08-2020 at 04:08 PM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

I could never feel ok purchasing something that doesn't give me the full benefit what I purchased. I am returning the Ballistix I got, and hunting for something that will run at the advertised speeds at a decent price.
    Silicon quality varies and there several factors with memory. The first is the quality of the kit itself. The second is the CPU memory controller. Motherboard design also matters but if you get a weak CPU or kit that isn't going to help you. All that is to say you may not be able to get a kit to run at advertised speed but better kits often hit faster speeds easier. If you want to hit 3200 you might need a 3400 or 3600 kit so you aren't on the edge of its capabilities.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Sidenote, y'all seem to be giving Asus, a multimillion dollar corporation, a free pass on what are obvious design flaws. This is my first time buying a laptop of this caliber and expense, and I have to say, for paying a premium price, I am not getting the premium experience I expected. Have never spent more than $1000 on a laptop before, and never had issues with swapping RAM or HDDs or SSDs.

Y'all are focused on what I, as the consumer, should do to improve the premium product that I already paid for. I am focused on what Asus, as a multimillion dollar corporation, should do/have done.
    I purchased 2 additional 1TB nvme SSD's to go with the one that you get with it and just purchased the ram as soon as I knew what max clock speed and maximum capacity it was going to be without hesitation or second though. If the GPU/CPU/WIFI failed to work at all I wouldn't be RMAing it back to asus id be taking it back to overclockers UK and get a replacement or pay more for an upgrade. But alas I got lucky.

New ROGer Array

I'd be more than interested in your next choice Mine is 2.5 times more expensive and reading the feedbacks for the other brands with same specs, I would definitely still stick to Asus. Please provide some feedback on your next purchase and your thoughts on it after you get it.

New ROGer Array

Here is a question what Liquid metal compound is currently used in the G15/G17 series laptop? and what is the heat sink/panel made from?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AtGrigorov View Post
    I'd be more than interested in your next choice Mine is 2.5 times more expensive and reading the feedbacks for the other brands with same specs, I would definitely still stick to Asus. Please provide some feedback on your next purchase and your thoughts on it after you get it.
    Probably go with a Lenovo Legion, like I was looking at before this, if I ever buy a premium laptop again, which I doubt I will. Decided to go with this cuz it's available at Best Buy where I have a store card.

If you have a laptop that cost 2.5x what mine cost then obviously you have money to blow on bull**** and not give a ****. I don't. This was about as much as I could afford.

New ROGer Array

Probably go with a Lenovo Legion, like I was looking at before this, if I ever buy a premium laptop again, which I doubt I will. Decided to go with this cuz it's available at Best Buy where I have a store card.

If you have a laptop that cost 2.5x what mine cost then obviously you have money to blow on bull**** and not give a ****. I don't. This was about as much as I could afford.
    Wrong. I need this laptop for work - high demanding CAD/CAM, rendering, etc. (and yes, I'm always on the move, so desktop PC is not an option and I don't like them). I don't have time to fiddle with some crappy device, that steals my working time, giving me no profit while tweaking it. Do your research and you'll find out, believe it or not, all the laptops from this category suffer from the same issues. The thing with Asus is their heatsink is really doing its job, unlike many Dells, HPs and etc. Many Dells lock their voltage setting, HP suffer from poor heatsinks and so on and so on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3