cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL752VW Crash and burn?

Frisco1522
Level 7
Disaster struck Saturday. I always run plugged into the AC, and I accidentally knocked the plug out. Battery was dead. Screen went black and computer shut down.
Plugged it back in and it took a good 5 minutes to boot up, but got the dreaded S.M.A.R.T. Status bad. Press F1. Did that, after about another 5 minutes booted to desktop. I can't access anything on the desktop, won't load.
Internet and email work fine. Has a SSD for Windows and a 1TB HDD. I can't get it to behave, so have shut it down.
Big question is the error message for the SSD? I sure hope so. I have an adapter coming to plug into the HDD and hope I can download my files, etc. I got too complacent about backing up and got bit in the butt.
I think there's an ASUS person on this site, so maybe I can find out what to do next. If I have to replace the SSD, I have no windows disk.
I also ordered a new battery.
Some of this is above my pay grade and I need HELP!
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
If you have access to another windows PC and a 4+GB USB flash drive then Microsoft has a media creation utility to create a bootable installer. You'll want Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Unfortunately I don't think Microsoft sells premade recovery/install drives without a license so it's best to make your own. If you decide to venture onto Ebay (not recommended) then make sure the seller has a long history of good reviews. You are relying on them to not pre-install malware in the image.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…