Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    New ROGer Array

My TUF OC never goes below 100w even in idle.. not sure how to fix it but the fan 0db never kicks in. Also installing GPU Tweak II the rpm stays at 1000 no matter what even with the new bios. MSI Afterburner is now acting up after the new game ready driver.

New ROGer Array

Weird bug

I just noticed this, today i have updated the drivers and noticed that manual fan settings result in lower percentage than what i actually set.
    It's like if i want to run fans at 45% i need to set them at 62%
    70% results in 57%
    Only 100% is 100%, even 95% results in 92% actual.
    Anyone noticed this? All i did is latest driver update. This only applies to manual and custom curves, the default fan control works as it should topping at around 2000 rpm to hold 65C.
    The upside of this bug is that i can actually set up custom curve with fan stop that is entirely temperature based.
    Because at 46% set fans wont even start.
    I use Afterburner software.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TobyB View Post
    My TUF OC never goes below 100w even in idle.. not sure how to fix it but the fan 0db never kicks in. Also installing GPU Tweak II the rpm stays at 1000 no matter what even with the new bios. MSI Afterburner is now acting up after the new game ready driver.
    I had this problem. Make sure there is no service running called "ASUS COM SERVICE"

New ROGer Array

I manually applied the rom change and it worked

Having had an issue where Asus's firmware update fails, and they have gone silent on it I sorted it out myself by manually applying it with the files they provide (see separate topic).

My Tuf OC 3080 now has the fans stop at low usage, and the power has increased (though I have not seen a performance bump because of that).

I have managed a +240 on the clock and +1000 on the mem. Previously I was stuck at +230 on the clock.

ROG Junior Member Array

I found my problem and I resolved it. It was the new Nvidia GFE Beta, wich has OC and Fan controls. I use Afterburner with manual fan control but I set it to Auto to test the 0db fan. It happens than the fan control of GFE switched to "Manual" at "34%" without me knowing. The fans had the following behaviour: They started/stopped every 2 seconds, at about 200-500 rpm. All the time. I didn´t check at first so I tested a game, It did not run fast, so I checked the GPU: Use:99% clock: 1440 Mhz ¿? Temperature....... 91º Celsius......
    The fans were start/stopping all the time, no cooling. Upon changing GFE fan control to "Auto" everything worked normal.
    I updated BIOS to last one with fixed 0db fan control : 92.02.26.48.40

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    This issue has been reported.
    I will keep you updated if there is progress.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SurfXombie View Post
    Having had an issue where Asus's firmware update fails, and they have gone silent on it I sorted it out myself by manually applying it with the files they provide (see separate topic).

My Tuf OC 3080 now has the fans stop at low usage, and the power has increased (though I have not seen a performance bump because of that).

I have managed a +240 on the clock and +1000 on the mem. Previously I was stuck at +230 on the clock.
    How did you apply the update manually?

I have this same issue, TUF OC 3080 BIOS update says "no need to update VBIOS" but I can see from GPU-Z that I am running the old BIOS. I really am not comfortable using nvflash as I have never used it before so I would need precise instructions.

Best would be if Asus would fix the firmware updater. Why is Asus silent on this issue?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8