Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Wyndstorn could you check your vbios version with gpuz? Mine is 94.02.26.80.EE. I checked few review sites which had gpuz screenshot up and they all had 94.02.26.40.67 (kitguru.net, techpowerup.com example)

Update this post to say that my card bios version for:
    Quiet mode: 94.02.26.80.EE
    OC mode: 94.02.26.80.EF
    Both bios has same frequency and power target. Only difference is that the fan is more aggressive and spins faster with OC bios when under load. Idle fan speed is same 53% and fans only stop when monitor goes to sleep.

Not related to fan speeds but other thing I noticed and double tested is limited power target compared to the cards what reviewers had.
    My cards default power target is normal 340W as it should but when I apply 110% power target (maximum the vbios allows) I only get 355W and it should be 375W. So all in all something is wrong with this vbios with the fans not stopping and also with maximum power target.
    Last edited by loccc; 10-05-2020 at 02:03 PM.

New ROGer Array

Ok, I'll post it later today, when I return home.

One thing that I'm wondering is if the vbios version changes depending on the "mode" selected through the switch in the card (performance vs quiet).

New ROGer Array

Hi,

when I maxed out the PT my card will use only 355W, too.
    But that's ok for me.

I hope that one of my ordered waterblocks will be delivered this month. Then the problem is gone for me.
    But I think ASUS should fix it !

New ROGer Array

It seems I have a different vbios version. Mine in performace mode (also bear in mind that my card is a TUF non OC version):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	86449

New ROGer Array

Hi again.

I just found that this issue is also being discussed here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t....272258/page-3

New ROGer Array

Hi all.

I'm sharing a new member's (sis3970) comment that he has PMd me, as he still can't post in the forum until his account is manually approved:

There is no issue, or at least not with my bios. I initially had the same issue, and started troubleshooting.

When I set in Nvidia Control Panel the power settings to "adaptive" instead of "performance" it seems to be fixed. Not at first, but after a reboot. If you would still need to switch to "performance", you could use the "always 3D" setting in GPU Tweak II, as this does not require a reboot to kick in.

Hoping this helps

This is not my case, as I already have had that setting to "adaptive" since the beginning, and I haven't even touched it, ever.

New ROGer Array

It makes no difference between "Performance" and "adaptive" for my card. The fans still are rotating...

New ROGer Array

I think all TUF 3080 and 3090 have the same issue. I have it too.

There are threads on computerbase.de, hardwareluxx.de, ltt.com, reddit and techpowerup withe the fan issue.

I Flashed a BIOS from a reviewers card (94.02.26.40.68) and it changed nothing.

ASUS should give us the the control over the FANs. Custom fan curves in GPUTweakII and/or Afterbunrer does not work (GPU Tweak) or not well (AB).

I Think its a BIOS and driver problem, because the problem is not consistent.

The following has impact to the fan function:

- Windows Power Profile
    - If you have one or more monitors connected
    - If your monitor is 60Hz+
    - if you watch a Video

New ROGer Array

In my case, fans stop quite often and keep being stopped while there is no graphics load, for example, Internet browsing, office, etc. But if I trigger the slightest load like an SD YouTube video, the fans turn on and keep working until that load is closed, despite GPU temps being as low as 28 C.

New ROGer Array

Hello,

ASUS know the problem and is looking for the reasons now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast