Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cracking sounds

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wangeyed View Post
    yeah i know its one of those things you shouldnt be getting with such a nice motherboard, i must admit when i first built my pc i cant recall having this problem. how about try one of the first audio drivers on the support page? (dont forget to check the files are unlocked before installing) if that fails i dont know what to suggest sorry.
    I forget 1 important thing, i tested nvidia hd audio using display port and connected it to my monitor. While having onboard sound card disabled in BIOS. I have same cracking noises! SO IT IS NOT EVEN SOUNDCARD!

Well this is so annoying, it will hard to pinpoint the issue. I don't know for what component - i should claim a warranty!

It could be still motherboard i guess, i have no idea. Or i read on ASUS forums - nvidia gpu could cause that. But that was due drivers i think. I tried both linux and windows with no drivers. Same issue.

It could be a damaged cpu i guess, cause motherboard overvolted vccio to 1.328v max and vccsa to 1.224 max. I didn't know about it until recently. And since i ran Foldinghome, which is highly demanding, it could damage the cpu in combination.

Could be a faulty psu too, i guess? Some people said... I have corsair RM650x 2018 with 10 years of warranty, so i would blame it on psu last. Still i don't know. Maybe i will have to take whole rig to a computer shop, it is annoying, but i have no idea how to pinpoint the issue!
    Last edited by empleat; 10-07-2020 at 12:26 PM.

New ROGer Array Wangeyed PC Specs
    Wangeyed PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-F
    Processori5 9600K
    Graphics Card #11080 ti

not sure if this is correct but i believe the nvidia hd audio drivers is for hdmi only? i use display port withough nvidia drivers installed and works fine for me

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wangeyed View Post
    not sure if this is correct but i believe the nvidia hd audio drivers is for hdmi only? i use display port withough nvidia drivers installed and works fine for me
    No it is for display port as well, i used it on valve index no problem! You probably had microsoft oem drivers automatically installed.

So what is strange, i tested this on 2 computers and 1 laptop. On 4 headphones and i have cracking noise on each on them. This is during seeking, in video player. All computers have different video player. I don't know about this, as this is maybe even normal. It happened to me from time to time, but not as often. I will yet test gaming on my old computer, if i have cracking noises in games too!

On my main computer, it is in multiple games, i get cracking noises from time to time. This never happened to me before.

Because cracking noise is across 3 computers, this got me scared as hell. If it is electricity, there is nothing i can do. But i had never problem with that. That it would start from the blue sky - strange.
    Last edited by empleat; 10-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.

New ROGer Array

i see the z390-i also has the intel i219-v lan just like on my xi hero.that lan card can cause lots of dpc latency spikes due to the interrupt moderation in the advanced driver settings.
    you can try a newer driver or also check in latencymon to see if you have spikes because of tcpip.sys

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by metalspider View Post
    i see the z390-i also has the intel i219-v lan just like on my xi hero.that lan card can cause lots of dpc latency spikes due to the interrupt moderation in the advanced driver settings.
    you can try a newer driver or also check in latencymon to see if you have spikes because of tcpip.sys
    I already tried that and no dpc latency! 100us max on average. My audio has 5us dpc latency

New ROGer Array

It doesn't happen in linux, i need to test it yet more thoroughly. But i already watched couple hours video and it was fine. On windows it happened couple times per hour in video playback. I am suspecting right now Windows. Perhaps i will have to repair update, or reinstall if it helps, or make second install.

Btw i doubt that's it, but how do you prevent sound card on z390 motherboards from going to sleep, there is nothing in Device Manager. And in i put dword in regedit and no difference.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 20H2/VB/19042.x

Quote Originally Posted by empleat View Post
    It doesn't happen in linux, i need to test it yet more thoroughly. But i already watched couple hours video and it was fine. On windows it happened couple times per hour in video playback. I am suspecting right now Windows. Perhaps i will have to repair update, or reinstall if it helps, or make second install.

Btw i doubt that's it, but how do you prevent sound card on z390 motherboards from going to sleep, there is nothing in Device Manager. And in i put dword in regedit and no difference.
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your popping issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
    - Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
    - If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    - At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.
    Can you help? I don't know which devices I have to activate and how it has to be configured correctly, I have z490 Maximus xii

ROG Member Array

Hello,I have exactly the same problem with my maximus x hero.

I had cracking sounds time to time for the last 2 years but last month this problem became huge and I can't understand what causing it.Maybe some windows update?

I tried all the solution from Mokichu but nothing works..This problem is driving me crazy and I can't use my computer anymore.

The problem is hardware or software?I was thinking to RMA my MB but I see that all Asus board have this problems..

Please someone help solve this problem..

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 20H2/VB/19042.x

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaHouse View Post
    Can you help? I don't know which devices I have to activate and how it has to be configured correctly, I have z490 Maximus xii
    Hi,

It seems to me that it is nevertheless clear :

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    ... Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") ...
    So in your case, all the "msi" boxes except for the 2 x Intel Serial IO must be ticked then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewkROG View Post
    Hello,I have exactly the same problem with my maximus x hero.

I had cracking sounds time to time for the last 2 years but last month this problem became huge and I can't understand what causing it.Maybe some windows update?

I tried all the solution from Mokichu but nothing works..This problem is driving me crazy and I can't use my computer anymore.

The problem is hardware or software?I was thinking to RMA my MB but I see that all Asus board have this problems..

Please someone help solve this problem..
    Hi,

If that was not enough to fix your issue, try by disabling PCI Express Link State Power Management in your power plan to avoid L0s/L1 state of PCI Express power management mechanism (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings of your current power plan > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express > Link State Power Management : Disabled) or by switching directly to the High performance power plan (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > High performance).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast