cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog maximus xii extreme (Z490) - BIOS wireless connectivity option?

iBeta
Level 7
Hello,

I could not find an answer to this in the manual - I wrote to Asus support 5 days ago, but they have not replied yet.

So, if anyone knows whether the maximus xii extreme has a dedicated BIOS option to turn off all wireless connectivity, I would much appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

iBeta
Level 7
Asus have replied that there is a BIOS option.

My previous 4 boards were all Asus - this time I chose the Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce, as it comes with a built-in monoblock. It never occurred that Gigabyte would have no way to cut wireless connectivity, but they do not. So the waterforce is going to be returned, and they lost a sale.

It is a pity Asus don't have a model with a built-in monoblock. Even worse, there don't seem to be any 3rd party blocks out yet, so I will have to wait before buying the Maximus XII Extreme.

It is likely, that many think it is insane to switch motherboards, just because they don't have an off switch for the wireless. Thing is, I was badly harmed due to using a high-power gaming mouse close to the face (0.5m or so). This went on for years, as the pain did NOT come when using the mouse, rather at night, making sleep difficult to say the least. It got so bad, I had a (healthy) tooth removed, thinking it was the cause. If the mouse had not fortuitously broken, I might never have found out. Generally I do not get any pain, and at nearly 60 have not taken any prescription meds ever. Painkillers, maybe once or twice over decades (I used hash to dull the microwave pain, and to help sleep). The sinus/eye pain I suffered due to the mouse, though, was intense. Ignore at your peril.