cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG monitor issues Will not show boot or post screen when starting computer.

Silence022
Level 7
LG monitor issues Will not show boot or post screen when starting computer. Everything worked with this monitor prior to replacing motherboard. I do have a newly build computer. Had to RMA the motherboard R&R Asus x570 Crosshair VIII now I have a weird glitch. I have a LG 38gl950-b Monitor when booting up the computer the monitor goes to sleep into windows 10 starts to boot then the monitor works fine just no boot or bios capable. so I do get the the 1 beep to start the boot, then it gives me the 4 beeps. I not sure what to do. Here are my computer specs : AMD Ryzen 3950x, MB Asus x570 Crosshair VIII bios at 2206, GPU Asus1080 TI, M.2 Firecuda 1TB. 32GB trident memory @3600mhz, 1250 Thermaltake Power Supply. AIO Thermaltake cooler 360. LG 38gl950-b Monitor, so if I plug in my 27 inch monitor everything boots normal. no issues. I also plugged in a 34 inch monitor no issues, boot normal. I did try different cables display port and HDMI cables. same results 4 beeps and no bios or boot screen with logo. I did use this monitor with a different computer and boot normal. I am not sure what else to try any help would be awesome.

3/30/2020 Update tried another Monitor lg38gl950-b same results no boot up screen or shows post screen. Does this motherboard not like LG monitor is there a BIOs fix or do i need another RMA this motherboard again.
7 REPLIES 7

Super_Gnome
Level 11
So all works fine with one of three monitors, huh? Is that correct? And the two monitors that are having problems are both LG?

The LG 38 inch Monitor will not boot/post on this computer and will give me the 4 beeps. This Monitor will work on other computer normally. I have tried other monitors on this computer as well as a tv and the computer boots normally. Is there a setting in the BIOS to fix this. I think if I push the cmos button all setting go default. That brings back to the question about RMA the first mb I had a code of C2. (Asus said to RMA first MB). Maybe its a setting in the bios thats not reading the lg 38 inch monitor?

Super Gnome I am trying to use this monitor alone not multi monitor setup.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Right, I get that. But your rig works fine with a brand that is not LG? Forgive me if I didn't fully understand.

I too have an LG monitor and use other monitors and so understand and have had similar issues. Maybe you have a dvd with your monitor? I have installed the software from the dvd and/or LG website and then have had no problems.

IF you don't have a dvd with the software, I'd check the LG website to see if you can download (and then install) anything for your monitor model.

Hopefully this helps. If not maybe there is something else you can do and I can help. So please feel free to update if you have or haven't had any success with the above.

Here is the LG US website:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/software-firmware-drivers

The correct LG website depends on your location:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=OTGBX66ZOrmTr7wP4O6PoAo&q=LG+downloads&oq=LG+downloads&gs...

Update: while looking in LG.com website at the drivers. already had them updated.

The fix was in the bios CSM (capability support module) in boot Menu tab was in the disable mode from default setting. CSM needs to be enabled. I am guessing due to the LG 38 inch monitor had a lack of communication. thanks you for all your help.

Silence022 wrote:
Update: while looking in LG.com website at the drivers. already had them updated.

The fix was in the bios CSM (capability support module) in boot Menu tab was in the disable mode from default setting. CSM needs to be enabled. I am guessing due to the LG 38 inch monitor had a lack of communication. thanks you for all your help.

I am glad to hear that you've found a solution to your problem. Definitely something others can use in the future if they run across the same issue.

I had a very similar issue with a similar solution. I have an LG monitor, a Dell monitor, and an Elgato capture card on my other PC. Neither the bios screen nor the grub boot option screen would not show on the LG monitor. By your advice, I checked the bios to see if CSM was enabled. It was already enabled. I disabled it. Now the bios screen and grub boot options screen show up on my LG 24-inch monitor.