cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X570-E / R9 3900X / Gammax L360 V2 - Over heating

yogesh5511
Level 7
Hi All!

I am glad to be a part of this community!

First of all - I am a Asus user from 2012 (Bought z77 Sabertooth and its still working fine!!)

SO i just went to shop and purchased a bunch of items as per my spec in profile.

R 3900x
Strix X570 E Gaming
Gammaxx L360 V2 Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengence 3600 MHZ Ram

Now the problem is, CPU Temp.. I am able to get 43-45 as my idle temp.. not anything below that..

I have checked in a lot of places that 30-35 is idle but for me, its way too much..

I will be running a lot of games and video stuff so the load is gonna be very very high.. I need some help here!

P.S. CPU FAN is connection is CPU FAN Connector with DC Mode and Pump is connection to AIO Pump in PWM Mode.

Asus Fan Xpert app doesn't recognizes any fan except CPU.
10 REPLIES 10

todd200
Level 7
That temp is pretty normal. As I type this my 3900X is fluctuating between 36-46C. No idea on the fans but I believe the AIO pump should be running at 100% DC.

EDIT: I just looked up your AIO. The fans are PWM (4 pin) but the pump is DC (3 pin). Fixing that in BIOS may help some.

todd200 wrote:
That temp is pretty normal. As I type this my 3900X is fluctuating between 36-46C. No idea on the fans but I believe the AIO pump should be running at 100% DC.

EDIT: I just looked up your AIO. The fans are PWM (4 pin) but the pump is DC (3 pin). Fixing that in BIOS may help some.

Hey hey!!

Thank you so much for this. I figured it out later.. Here is the results now.

If I set the ratio to 40x, temp goes down to 35 but anything more or less, it shoots to 45+

Ram - I checked a few places and tried to setup xmp but I can't find in bios.. It was showing something like docp.. If you can advice on both, would be of great help! :)Â*

OP
Make sure you have the Latest BIOS

Install the latest AMD chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I think you are going about things the wrong way. My idle temps are 38, never exceeded 78 @ 100% load. The jump up n down is becuase your idle CPU isnt idle, it's the nature of Ryzen 3000 series. I quote you 38 degrees temp as normal for my 3900x... goes lower, goes high 45... idc

Not sure why idle temp bothers you at all, maybe you didn't apply thermal paste well ?

RedSector73 wrote:
OP
Make sure you have the Latest BIOS

Install the latest AMD chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I think you are going about things the wrong way. My idle temps are 38, never exceeded 78 @ 100% load.

Not sure why idle temp bothers you at all, maybe you didn't apply thermal paste well ?

its all updated and latest version!

Just that during loads, it shoots up and main reason for getting this is to render bigger videos!

I am still wandering about the RAM. if you know how to set it up, kindly let me know!

cant wait to clock this proc to 4.5 and 3600mhz and see the render progress! 😉

What is config 2x16 ?
If so, then you need the RAM in slots 2 & 4 from CPU
than in BIOS select DOCP Standard and 3600 and you're done.

Ryzen goes from nothing to doing something 100 of times per second. No capture tool can show you what is really going on in the CPU.

RedSector73 wrote:
What is config 2x16 ?
If so, then you need the RAM in slots 2 & 4 from CPU
than in BIOS select DOCP Standard and 3600 and you're done.

Ryzen goes from nothing to doing something 100 of times per second. No capture tool can show you what is really going on in the CPU.

I have a single 32 GB

I tried setting it up but the system kept restarted multiple times and automatically booted in failsafe mode (BIOS)

so i guess i need to change more of it and not just the one setting as i have done it a lot of times with same result 😞

yogesh5511 wrote:
I have a single 32 GB

WHY ?
You should have 2x8 or 2x16 or 2x32, but not a single stick.

Anyway put it in RAM slot 4 (A2) from the CPU than try the above post to get DOCP working.
Also YMMV but Corsair Vengence is total rubbish with Ryzen.

RedSector73 wrote:
WHY ?
You should have 2x8 or 2x16 or 2x32, but not a single stick.

Anyway put it in RAM slot 4 (A2) from the CPU than try the above post to get DOCP working.
Also YMMV but Corsair Vengence is total rubbish with Ryzen.

oooh crap! what you this will go best with ryzen?

btw - i got the ram to be working in 3600mhz but in many apps it shows 1800 mhz only.. i know its a noob question.. please do let me know if you have any idea about it.

yogesh5511 wrote:
oooh crap! what you this will go best with ryzen?

btw - i got the ram to be working in 3600mhz but in many apps it shows 1800 Mhz only.. i know its a noob question.. please do let me know if you have any idea about it.

G.skill do good kits, NEO series, the expensive ones are normally Samsung B-die and the cheapest are Hynix D-die or C-die @ 3600. If your expanding your single stick of corsair ram, make sure to match the version number on it, or they may not work together. Also be aware nearly none of manufacturers support you buying single sticks and putting them in or even 2 kits and putting them in. Not to say it wont work just they say the singles/kits must be matched to each other. Anyway the main thing to get right is the version number with corsair ram.

1800MHz is the speed of the RAM Controller and 3600MHz would be the DDR Speed, however you only have one stick of RAM.

Other choices that work well
Crucial Ballistix DDR4@3600
or anything on the memory QVL - with corsair take note of version number as well.

Within corsair range of RAM Vengence is the only seen problems with and Ryzen YMMV.