cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time PC build help!!!

KrazyL
Level 7
Hello, i have successfully built my first pc. I have a few questions but first here is what im running:
Rog Strix z490-e
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition
Intel core i7-10700k
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280
Corsair CP-9020195-NA RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 AMD Optimized Memory
FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C TG Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case

So first question is, is it too little power if im going to oc?

Second, how do i connect more fans since theres only room for 2 chasis fans on the motherboard(i want to be able to have the motherboard control them) the AIO cooler is quite bulky and i have it on the front. Its like 2-3 cm away from my gpu. I didnt want hot air blowing into my gpu so i have the air blowing out from the front. I also have the back as exhaust. My only intake at the moment is from the top. I have only 1 fan there. I want to add 2 more fans. Giving me 1 on the bottom blowing in, 2 at the top blowing in and exhaust out the front and back. Is this a big no no? Or am i okay with this airflow system?

When overclocking, how do i know it is overclocked? Im having a really hard time seeing exactly whats what. I also dont know what my graphics card being" oc" means exactly, im not very good at this so like a step by step on how to see would be helpful. I used the 5 way optimazation and ai overclocking to do all this for me. But i just dont understand half of this.

Any advice on anything from the build even if its not exactly what i asked would be amazing please and thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Power: It's fine for a light OC. It just depends how far you are planning to go. I'd search online to see what power draw others have reported with your CPU at various clocks & voltages. That can give you a rough idea of how much headroom you might have.

Headers: you can buy fan splitter cables which will allow you to use a single header. 3 average fans per header should be well within the power limit of the header.

It's best to have intake on one end and exhaust on the other. If you have intakes and exhausts distributed randomly then you can end up with inefficient turbulent flow and pockets of stagnant hot air.

Overclocking is pointless without improvement so your primary metric should be increased FPS in games, followed by benchmarks. Keep in mind that recent Nvidia GPUs will clock themselves up if they remain cool. GPU-Z says what is limiting a card. If it's power then you may want to raise the power limit but that will add heat.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:

Overclocking is pointless without improvement so your primary metric should be increased FPS in games, followed by benchmarks. Keep in mind that recent Nvidia GPUs will clock themselves up if they remain cool. GPU-Z says what is limiting a card. If it's power then you may want to raise the power limit but that will add heat.

100% agree , find first you favorite game, then use it as benchmark at stock speeds.
Your system will perform nicely at 1920x1080 or lower resolutions.