Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC fans spinning even at idle

Hi i just got my 3080 oc strix card and I don't know what to do because fans on auto wont slowing down at all. Even if card is cold like 32c fans are still going on 53% any ideas what to do? When I'm trying manualy change fans under 35% fans are starting spining and stopping over and over. I was trying quiet mode and performance but nothing change.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 123.jpg  

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

Try using the latest version of GPU Tweak II if you haven't done so already. If you're also able to provide a dxdiagnostics file that would also be helpful for replication.

New ROGer Array

I was trying gpu tweak II and still nothing to be honest was even worse because I was not able change speed under 53% at all. Here's the dxdiag https://pastebin.com/Ag1wn9Bn

ROG Member Array

This seems to be a known issue, multiple threads about this already. Really hope Asus fixes this quickly or i'm probably going to try get a card from another vendor.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Thank you. I've moved this thread for attention of service.

New ROGer Array

As far as I have understood, Asus starts the Fans @ 30 Watt Board Power Draw. Other manufactors start the Fans @ 60 Watt. That's why they are on most of the time, and when you're just browsing for example.

I really hope this gets fixed via a BIOS Update!

New ROGer Array

I just checked that and You have 100% right, with my monitor 1440p and 240hz when I'm not doing anything power draw is about 40W, I switched resolution to lowest with 60hz and power draw droped to 25 and fans stopped straight away.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 12.jpg  

21.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Thank you. I've moved this thread for attention of service.
    thank you

ROG Member Array

Are there any plans to increase the power draw limit for the 0db mode? I have a 3080 Strix OC idling at mere 27-29 degrees celsius, however given that I have 2 144hz monitors attached to it, the idle power draw is (afaik) 53watts and therefore the fans DO spin at 1000rpm almost all the time. Sometimes they do stop for a minute or so.. but not for long. Which is, given such a low idle temperature unclear/unexepected and quite frankly, annoying.

Is there any adjustment / improvement planned in the (near) future?

New ROGer Array

I have the same card and the same problem, I got 2 monitors 4k+1440p both at 144 Hz, board power draw at idle is 50-53W so the fans never stops spinning,
    it's very annoying tbh, switched to an MSI Trio X and the 0db mode works perfectly, the fans only starts spinning when the temp reach ~60°C
    Waiting for an bios update again to switch back to Asus...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtx.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	310.4 KB 
ID:	86703

Strix on the left Trio X on the right
    Last edited by skittles123; 11-01-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast