Power SupplyROG THOR 850W
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly Cloth Edition
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313 2.1
    OS Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.928

Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    The new 460.89 drivers that were just released today seem to help a quite a bit to come down the power draw spikes. The way things are working now, its getting fairly close to Asus 0db mode FAQ's.
    Do you use GPU Tweak II?
    After install the new bios, using GPU Tweak II seems to be no different than before.
    Left and right fan still 0 rpm while mid fan always 1000rpm

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Minh Le View Post
    Do you use GPU Tweak II?
    After install the new bios, using GPU Tweak II seems to be no different than before.
    Left and right fan still 0 rpm while mid fan always 1000rpm
    No I don't use Tweak II I just have my Bios on the card switch to Q-mode. This latest driver 460.89 made some significant difference in how the 0db mode operates, now It works as it should

Have you try re-flashing cards Bios, If you can reinstall windows from scratch, don't install Tweak II and see how you cards fans running then, that is the best way to narrow down the issue and go from there.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-16-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pk1209 View Post
    New BIOS doesn't seem to have any impact on 0db for me.... still pretty much stuck at 1000 rpm
    Hello,

Have you checked the power consumption of the card?

ROG Enthusiast Array

yeah, looks ok with latest drivers and BIOS at idle now.. sat at 0rpm for 30 mins with just GPU-Z open on screen

Doesn't take much to go over 50w though, so as soon as Chrome open, for example, I go over 50w and fans start spinning even though GPU barely being used

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by pk1209 View Post
    yeah, looks ok with latest drivers and BIOS at idle now.. sat at 0rpm for 30 mins with just GPU-Z open on screen

Doesn't take much to go over 50w though, so as soon as Chrome open, for example, I go over 50w and fans start spinning even though GPU barely being used
    Yes this was happening to me as well before the latest Bios and driver, slight bump in power spike and fans would spin, but this driver really works well, at least in my case. I would honestly consider reinstalling windows and try running without Tweak II to see if it make any difference. Have monitoring software and task manager open in small window while using your PC and see what's happening then.

BTW. It seem that Asus did bump the wattage threshold before triggering fans, but in some rare instances it’s still slightly to low, at the same time you don't want your power draw to sit high without cooling.

Tbh. right now my 0db mode works perfect, big difference from what it was before the V2 and drivers update.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-16-2020 at 03:51 PM.

New ROGer Array

Fan Speeds

I have a dual monitor setup with both at 2560 x 1440, when I lower the secondary monitor down to 60htz the fans work as intended and will stop. The main monitor is still running ay 144htz so doesn't affect my gaming but still seems like a waist.

New ROGer Array

Still not working correctly

Hey guys,

Im still having this problem on my 3080 STRIX OC:

The fans stay mostly in idle without spinning: but eventually for like 10-12 seconds it suddenly starts spinning up and then quickly going down again. This is in Idle, or only browsing the internet doing small operations

Its not a huge issue, but annoying.

Anyone found a fix to this?

I have fully updated the cards Bios.

Would i need to fully reinstall windows or can i just reinstall all the drivers maybe?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5