Storage #1970 Evo Plus 1TB
    Storage #2850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCorsair 4000D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 Game

I can't confirm the "silent" part at all, unfortunately. My card becomes super noisy, especially in recent titles.

Running CP2077 with RTX on at 1440p and the fans ramp up to 2500 RPM, which is SUPER loud. Temps are ~72°. Granted the card is pinned at 100% utilization and power limits, so this is a worst case scenario, but sill... It's everything but quiet.

ROG Member Array Minh Le PC Specs
    Minh Le PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL753VE
    MotherboardROG Z490 - E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 10700KA
    Memory (part number)CMW16GX4M2E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 3080 O10G - Gaming
    MonitorLG 27GL850-B.ATV
    Storage #1WDS250G3X0C
    Storage #2Exceria LTC10Z240GG8
    CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT
    CaseCorsair iCUE 465X RGB
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850W
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly Cloth Edition
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313 2.1
    OS Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1052

Bios V2 is out now.
    Is it worth to update?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Minh Le View Post
    Bios V2 is out now.
    Is it worth to update?

I have just updated to V2 and this Bios seem to address most of the premature fan start-up.

Although, there are still some random fan start up that will spin for good amount of time when watching 4K YouTube videos, even thou power draw is less then 100W and temperature below 35C, but It's a lot less dramatic, so It's OK update.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 04:15 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

New BIOS doesn't seem to have any impact on 0db for me.... still pretty much stuck at 1000 rpm

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by pk1209 View Post
    New BIOS doesn't seem to have any impact on 0db for me.... still pretty much stuck at 1000 rpm
    Like I said, this V2 BIOS made slightly better 0db mode compliance, but there are still spin ups even thou power draw and temperature are whey below 0db FAQs, but it's a less dramatic.

Did you check your cards power draw and temperature and if it's in line, check in CP power option "power management" if its set to moderate and not off and in NVIDIA CP and settings in there, in your case, something else is going on.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 02:47 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sits around 50-55W and 30 degrees on idle... occasional power spike. Power mode set to normal in CP. It's perhaps slightly better than before, but still spending a lot of time with 1000rpm at "idle." The issue is probably more about what's causing the spikes, but maybe that is normal

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sits around 50-55W and 30 degrees on idle... occasional power spike. Power mode set to normal in CP. It's perhaps slightly better than before, but still spending a lot of time with 1000rpm at "idle." The issue is probably more about what's causing the spikes, but maybe that is normal
    With that power draw and temperature fans definitely shouldn't be spinning. Even with higher power draw spikes if the fans gets triggered, they should stop shortly after, unless something else is keeping power draw or temperature higher.

Do the fans stop at all or spin constantly, from the sound of it It sounds like they spinning most of the time, if that's the case, there is something off for sure.

Even with the previous Bios, fans would stop and say off, the problem was and still slightly is, 0db mode is so sensitive to power draw spikes, which is slightly better with V2, but still happens but again, not as dramatic.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 03:23 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

will run GPU-Z for a while and see what graphs out... maybe I was just unlucky in that ever time I happened to check it was after a power spike!

Edit - tbh, I think the issue is the 50w power draw threshold, my card seems to want to idle just over that!
    Last edited by pk1209; 12-15-2020 at 04:39 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

will run GPU-Z for a while and see what graphs out... maybe I was just unlucky in that ever time I happened to check it was after a power spike!
    Tbh. this release of 30 cards is not smooth. Not to bash other AIB's but everyone seems to have some sort of issue with their cards, so Asus it's not alone.

After long loyal time to EVGA I have totally lost faith in their product. I had 3 dead FTW3 3090s, one after another and there is ton and I mean ton of users dealing with similar issues.

My nephew had 2x FTW3 3090 died on him within 2 weeks, it's not good I hope Strix is a bit better, but even thou my 3090 Strix is good, the shroud rattling is awful, so I might move to something else or just stick with my Titan RTX

Good luck finding what's holding your fans from operating properly.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-15-2020 at 04:44 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Edit - tbh, I think the issue is the 50w power draw threshold, my card seems to want to idle just over that!
    The new 460.89 drivers that were just released today seem to help a quite a bit to come down the power draw spikes. The way things are working now, its getting fairly close to Asus 0db mode FAQ's.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast