cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus System Interface V2 Drivers [Resolved]

transnone
Level 7
They have been broken on my Zephyrus Duo GX550LX since 2.2.27.0. Both 2.2.28.0 and 2.2.29.10 continue to not function on my device. Can we get some effort into correcting this? When the laptop boots up, only the 2.2.27.0 drivers will load whereas the functions remain unresponsive in the 2.2.28.0 and 2.2.29.10 drivers. I keep having to roll back these drivers. The latest two drivers require me to manually restart the Armoury Crate Service once the PC has loaded.

This is not to mention your Amroury Crate App still has excessive CPU usage under the User Session Helper...

Am I missing something?

Could we please start including release notes???
20 REPLIES 20

transnone
Level 7
Still no response? Nothing has changed, no new drivers or Armoury Crate software or service modules.

Bueller?

Version V2.2.30.0
2020/10/228.1 MBytes
ASUS System Control Interface V2
This software is Driver for MyASUS. Please install MyASUS, ARMOURY CRATE UWP/Service to ensure all keyboard functions are working properly.
Download ASUS System Control Interface and unzip the file, then run "install.bat" as administrator to install.

Tried the latest System Drivers, still busts the AC Service on boot up. You guys need to release a patched AC Service component, still having to use the 2.2.27.0 release to retain functionality.

Would be nice to receive some sort of acknowledgement from the moderator crew here... I mean is that too much to ask for spending 3,699$ on your halo laptop?

transnone wrote:
Tried the latest System Drivers, still busts the AC Service on boot up. You guys need to release a patched AC Service component, still having to use the 2.2.27.0 release to retain functionality.

Would be nice to receive some sort of acknowledgement from the moderator crew here... I mean is that too much to ask for spending 3,699$ on your halo laptop?

Quick update, spent about another four hours on this. Turns out, the Lighting Service was broken. Reinstalled that service and Aura, worked then conflicted with Armoury Crate. Uninstalled the stand alone Aura app and disabled the Lighting Service. Everything seems to run fine aside from Aura Sync within the Armoury Crate App. I can manually assign lighting schemes to each device though. Additionally, the Rainbow Puke is gone and the Armoury Crate App loads properly with the latest System Interface drivers. So much work to get this far. It seems that every time something is updated, I have to troubleshoot. Before reinstalling Aura Sync and its service, the Lighting Service was broken in services.msc and did not point to an existing executable. It's unclear to me if that's on purpose or not.

i am also having the same kind of problem too. I have kept system control interface v2 on version 2.2.27.0 where everything still works.
To add onto the details of the problem, versions after 2.2.27.0 causes the asus optimization service to not startup automatically after booting up to windows. Because of this, fn keys dont work and myasus shows yellow banner etc. You will have to manually start asus optimization service and then those things will work again. If you want to be on newer system control version and can manually start up asus optimization service then you are good to go. But as for me, i can't accept that i have to manually activate an automatic service.

Now if you roll back to or are on 2.2.27.0, asus optimization starts up automatically like normal so thats why you dont have problems with other functions. I have emailed asus so many times but each time they respond saying in their own testing , they couldn replicate the problem... and that I need to send my laptop in for review. I am 100% sure my laptop is fine physically as it is their broken half hearted software causing these software problems and that rolling back to 2.2.27.0 the problem goes away.

So i have pretty much given up communicating with asus about their own software problems and am gonna hold on to the install file for 2.2.27.0 for as long as I need to do until asus releases a bug free version and disable automatic driver update because few number of times, windows update has updated the system interface driver in the background to a newer version.. and then i hav to roll back to 2.2.27.0 each time again frustratingly.

bfcblj wrote:
i am also having the same kind of problem too. I have kept system control interface v2 on version 2.2.27.0 where everything still works.
To add onto the details of the problem, versions after 2.2.27.0 causes the asus optimization service to not startup automatically after booting up to windows. Because of this, fn keys dont work and myasus shows yellow banner etc. You will have to manually start asus optimization service and then those things will work again. If you want to be on newer system control version and can manually start up asus optimization service then you are good to go. But as for me, i can't accept that i have to manually activate an automatic service.

Now if you roll back to or are on 2.2.27.0, asus optimization starts up automatically like normal so thats why you dont have problems with other functions. I have emailed asus so many times but each time they respond saying in their own testing , they couldn replicate the problem... and that I need to send my laptop in for review. I am 100% sure my laptop is fine physically as it is their broken half hearted software causing these software problems and that rolling back to 2.2.27.0 the problem goes away.

So i have pretty much given up communicating with asus about their own software problems and am gonna hold on to the install file for 2.2.27.0 for as long as I need to do until asus releases a bug free version and disable automatic driver update because few number of times, windows update has updated the system interface driver in the background to a newer version.. and then i hav to roll back to 2.2.27.0 each time again frustratingly.

So this is what I did to fix it. I uninstalled armoury crate, the service, the aura/lighting service, and aura creator. (Everything related to aura and armoury crate.) Updated to the latest system driver, then reinstalled. Once that was reinstalled, I went back to the services management console, services.msc, and disabled "Lighting Service". Everything but Aura sync works, which we all know is broken. Since then, when updates come out they no longer break the interface driver. I'm currently on the latest 2.2.31.0 drivers and working.

transnone wrote:
So this is what I did to fix it. I uninstalled armoury crate, the service, the aura/lighting service, and aura creator. (Everything related to aura and armoury crate.) Updated to the latest system driver, then reinstalled. Once that was reinstalled, I went back to the services management console, services.msc, and disabled "Lighting Service". Everything but Aura sync works, which we all know is broken. Since then, when updates come out they no longer break the interface driver. I'm currently on the latest 2.2.31.0 drivers and working.

so asus optimization service starts up automatically after you did all that on version 2.2.31.0?

bfcblj wrote:
so asus optimization service starts up automatically after you did all that on version 2.2.31.0?

After uninstallling all that software, updating the drivers, and disabling the lighting service via windows, yes no further issues. I believe one as you know the software updates like ****, and two the lightning service appears to be broken and conflicts with the armoury crate service causing it to hang and not autostart.

transnone wrote:
After uninstallling all that software, updating the drivers, and disabling the lighting service via windows, yes no further issues. I believe one as you know the software updates like ****, and two the lightning service appears to be broken and conflicts with the armoury crate service causing it to hang and not autostart.

so what i found was after uninstalling armory and aura and then updating system control to version 2.2.31.0 and then rebooting. Asusoptimization service starts up automatically.
But then after i re-install the armory and aura service programs again and then reboot. On the next bootup, asusoptimizatio service doesn't start automatically. So i did your method of disabling lightning service but after another reboot, asusoptimization doesn't want to automatically start.

So I have to go back to square one again and roll back to system control interface versoin 2.2.27.0 for asusoptimization to start up automatically.