Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Asus ROG strix z390-f auto overclocked to 5ghz problem

Hi, I tried to overclock my z390-f board to automatic profile 5ghz since it was available but produced an unexpected result. Normally it takes 3-4 seconds to move from post to booting and 5-10 seconds to boot windows, however after the overclock it now takes 15-20 seconds to move from post to boot and a big 10 mins to boot windows. I tried reverting settings etc. and during this overclock i did update the bios to the latest one but the slowdown persists. Does anyone have a fix to this? or do I have to send the board for warranty? Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated

oh btw this is my pc configuration:
    intel i9 9900k
    asus strix z390-f gaming
    32gb 3200 2X16 kingston ram
    asus Geforce GTX 1650 OC
    plextor 500gb nvme ssd
    asus ryujin 360 cooling

New ROGer Array

First I think you can try to clear cmos... if not work try to reinstall windows...

New ROGer Array

Already tried both. But there was a time that after resetting the pc it loaded everything fast but after another restart slow again. Operating inside windows is fast as expected though
    Last edited by ravanaster; 10-08-2020 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Typo

New ROGer Array

Did you try to flash the bios you are using before?

New ROGer Array

Yup, honestly I've recently flashed the bios coz they released a new one a few days ago. Honestly I think that's when this all started, then I reverted it to the older one but nothing changed,

New ROGer Array

There is a last thing I thought... disconnect all components from the motherboard. All cables, memory, PSU... All stuff... Then put all together again and test...

Moderator Array

Did you reenable Fast Boot after clearing CMOS?

New ROGer Array

I had a big problem with NVMe and intel rapid storage. There is an option in bios that enable RTS and this made a mess with my system. Check this...

New ROGer Array

Hey Robert thanks for the help but I've figured it out already, it turns out when I overclocked the system it took more power from the PSU and since it's only a 700w active pfc semi modular it lacked the power to provide proper voltages to the cpu. I found this out when I remove all 6 mechanical drives and the system worked fine, I added 1 drive at a time till the system went back to being stupid. 5 Drives was the maximum I could run with the current PSU probably 4 with overclock and load. Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by ravanaster; 10-09-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Grammar nazi myself

New ROGer Array

Glad you solve the problem... I had a PSU issue when I change my gtx to a rtx VGA... the system turning off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast