cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG strix z390-f auto overclocked to 5ghz problem

ravanaster
Level 7
Hi, I tried to overclock my z390-f board to automatic profile 5ghz since it was available but produced an unexpected result. Normally it takes 3-4 seconds to move from post to booting and 5-10 seconds to boot windows, however after the overclock it now takes 15-20 seconds to move from post to boot and a big 10 mins to boot windows. I tried reverting settings etc. and during this overclock i did update the bios to the latest one but the slowdown persists. Does anyone have a fix to this? or do I have to send the board for warranty? Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated

oh btw this is my pc configuration:
intel i9 9900k
asus strix z390-f gaming
32gb 3200 2X16 kingston ram
asus Geforce GTX 1650 OC
plextor 500gb nvme ssd
asus ryujin 360 cooling
10 REPLIES 10

RobertoSampaio
Level 8
First I think you can try to clear cmos... if not work try to reinstall windows...

Already tried both. But there was a time that after resetting the pc it loaded everything fast but after another restart slow again. Operating inside windows is fast as expected though

Did you try to flash the bios you are using before?

Yup, honestly I've recently flashed the bios coz they released a new one a few days ago. Honestly I think that's when this all started, then I reverted it to the older one but nothing changed,

There is a last thing I thought... disconnect all components from the motherboard. All cables, memory, PSU... All stuff... Then put all together again and test...

cljustin
Level 8
Did you reenable Fast Boot after clearing CMOS?

I had a big problem with NVMe and intel rapid storage. There is an option in bios that enable RTS and this made a mess with my system. Check this...

Hey Robert thanks for the help but I've figured it out already, it turns out when I overclocked the system it took more power from the PSU and since it's only a 700w active pfc semi modular it lacked the power to provide proper voltages to the cpu. I found this out when I remove all 6 mechanical drives and the system worked fine, I added 1 drive at a time till the system went back to being stupid. 5 Drives was the maximum I could run with the current PSU probably 4 with overclock and load. Thanks again for the help

Glad you solve the problem... I had a PSU issue when I change my gtx to a rtx VGA... the system turning off.