cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Hardware Issues on GU501GM

bobinator_2
Level 8
I have had my GU501GM for two years now. Recently, the front left USB port has stopped working. I have tried several devices in it. None seem to work. The two ports behind it and the one on the right work fine. Also, i have been having random reboots. After today's reboot, my bluetooth stopped working. Windows states that i do no have a bluetooth card. I have tried reinstalling the driver from both ASUS as well as directly from intel, with no success.
I have cleaned the fans to ensure that the computer is not over heating.
2 REPLIES 2

bobinator_2
Level 8
I installed the latest INTEL AC-9560 Driver directly from the INTEL site and did a DISM,SFC test (SFC reported some errors). In any case, on restart, the Front Left USB Port started working again; however, the system is still not recognizing the bluetooth hardware on the intel card (i installed the Bluetooth driver). As a side note, Device Manager is not showing any unrecognized hardware. Under "show hidden devices" , I deleted all of the bluetooth drivers before installing the latest intel driver. In short, it appears windows is not seeing the hardware; is it possible the card has gone bad?

bobinator_2
Level 8
have bluetooth back. ran the computer on batteries for about an hour and then rebooted the computer. On reboot with the power cord, bluetooth card is working again. My only guess is that my original hardware configuration was corrupted (or my ac-9560 card is going bad).