cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulcan on Consoles ?

Yamanjazz
Level 7
I noticed that not alot of these Vulcan threads are being answered but i thought id give it a shot. Here is my question. Is there any know way of using my Vulcan's on my ps3? i already use them for getting sound but i want to use the mic for chat too. Thanks in advance 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

xeromist
My understanding is that the PS3 does not have a microphone jack, correct? In that case I think you'd need some sort of USB adapter and you'd probably have to use one that is sold as a PS3 accessory. Most USB adapters probably wouldn't be supported.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

firsts things first, thanks for the reply it made me happy to see that we have an active forum here.
I looked up the usb stuff available and found something that just might do the trick. I watched a video on yuotube(im not sure if its ok to post here) where a guy uses a usb adaptor that has 1 x line-in/mic and 1 x line-out port on it. He sows that the ps3 DOES show the usb device in the settings. I cant say if it realy does work but its worth trying. I found one for a good price and have ordered it. Once i try it out ill post back here to share with all of you. Fingers crossed!!!! If this does work it will be EPIC!!! ROG on PS3!!!

Again, thanks for the uber advice!

xeromist
Yes you can post Youtube links. Mainly we just don't want advertising or illegal activities.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

X-ROG
Level 15
The ThunderFX coming soon will enable you to do exactly this: Vulcan on PS3/Xbox.

thanks for the info on ThunderFX, ill look that up now. I used the stuff in the video and it works!(Cant give link coz my broswer wont open youtube now, ill link it as soon as i fix it) but the only downer is that the mic is very VERY low and people have trouble hearing me over game-sounds. It need a booster or something. something ill be looking into. But it will do for now coz i love how the game sounds on this beast of a headset.

Could someone from Asus please tell us if the ThunderFX will be released on its own. Coz i read that it will be bundled with a Mobo. Please let us know if will be getting it solo. Thanks in advance 🙂

well, most headsets work with a Astro mixamp, but those are quite costly

midohany
Level 7
I noticed that not alot of these Vulcan threads are being answered but i thought id give it a shot.

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
لعبة من سيربح المليون
لعبة صب واي
من سيربح المليون
لعبة زوما
لعبة ماريو

midohany
Level 7
ell, most headsets work with a Astro mixamp, but those are quite costly
العاب
العاب 250