cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU over temperature error + restart

Black-Desk
Level 7
Hi together,

I recently tried to run a blender benchmark as I did 2 months before and i am now getting weird restarts with the error message below. My CPU temperatures during blender are in the high 70s to low 80s according to HWinfo64, and the overclock was stable so far. 4.35 GHz @ 1.31V. Could this be a sign of degradation, or is there something wrong with the bios (bug?). First time i ran blender I was on bios version 1201, now I use version 2204. But even 2204 was stable, since I use it since 2 months now...
CPU thermal control: 120
CPU current capability: 140%
Vcore: 1.32v (1.30v under load)
Vsoc: 1.1v
VDDG CCD voltage: 1.0v
VDDG IOD Voltage: 1.0v
CLDO VDDP Voltage: 0.9V
6 REPLIES 6

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, as far as I'm aware overtemperature is based on T-CASE readings. If you're hitting an over temperature, it might be an idea to dial back.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello, as far as I'm aware overtemperature is based on T-CASE readings. If you're hitting an over temperature, it might be an idea to dial back.

Hi, i thought if the CPU temps are fine, as said high 70s to low 80s there couldn't be a problem. Is there a sensor readout for T-Case? The system is watercooled and the liquid temperature never exceeds 3° above ambient.

I have the same problem .
the temp is not so high and got the same reboot with 2206 Bios at 4.4 1.325 volt
Custom WC EK

Maybe a bios bug

AfterShock
Level 9
does that board have a tweakers paradise section, if so check for sense MI skew and enable it

When I first tried blender on bios version 1201 it crashed. Then I increased the vcore to 1.31v which dropped to 1.287 under load and it passed. I don't understand why I am getting temperature errors / restarts now:confused:

Black-Desk wrote:
When I first tried blender on bios version 1201 it crashed. Then I increased the vcore to 1.31v which dropped to 1.287 under load and it passed. I don't understand why I am getting temperature errors / restarts now:confused:

I just flashed back to 1201 and it crashed too, but without the error message. Maybe my cpu is degraded already 😞

edit:

I noticed it always crashes on the koro scene, and I saw that the package power rised to 230 watts, maybe thats to much power draw.

edit 2:

I wrote an e-mail to Igor from Igors Lab and he mentioned that the io-die might be overheating and because it doesn't have an temperatur readout, you whouldn't see it.