cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Plz Maximus Hero XI (Wifi) I9

bieschkef
Level 7
Can someone help me please , I have a been trying to get my I9 to run at 5.0 and it always says on bios/loading screen OC 38% because i ran the stress test and set it on auto then it reboots saying nothing on the ASUS boot screen and goes back to all stock settings... Ive never had this many issues with all the older ASUS mobo thier bios use to be very noob friendly 😉 my specs are listed below.

Please any help, Im not trying to do anything crazy just get it to run at 5.0 and I believe with the CPU cooler I have it should be NP seeing people are getting thier I9 to 5.0 on stock fan.

Mobo:Maximus Hero XI (wifi)
CPU: I9-9900K
RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 ("x2" so I have 64GB)
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series, H115i RGB PLATINUM
HD1: Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe
HD2: Asura Genesis Xtreme High Performance 1TB Gaming RGB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 3D TLC NVMe M.2
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5, 80 Plus Gold
GPU: MSI Lightning 1080TI

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
bieschkef wrote:
("x2" so I have 64GB)

I doubt this is helping

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

but you might get lucky

As for 5.0...there are plenty of 9900Ks that don't do that.

What voltage have you tried so far?....try 1.35....1.375...1.385...keeping an eye on temps when you run something like Cinebench R15...if all you want is gaming "stability"

Thank you Arne for the quick responce , "("x2" so I have 64GB)" #facepalm ... I was actually hoping that was the underlining issue as I wouldnt care if I had to go buy a new set with all 4 sticks, so I removed 1 set and tried got the same issue in bios its on auto and targeting 4.7 with my setup i have, I then removed that set and tried the other by its self same out come 😞 . Now I put both sets back in so atleast Im back to 64gb seeing I can not get the 4.7 and resets to default. I think it may just be a setting im missing and Im just not really a OC. Both my old PC's i built were also ASUS and in bios it was real dumby proof with settings, now it seems like they have added so many settings for those hardcore tweakers im lost :confused:

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
While there are, indeed, plenty of things to play with in the BIOS....it can be quite simple to get a basic feel for the CPU

If I were you I would set 1.36V and 47 multi...and then simply up the multiplier "one" at a time and stress test... see what passes