cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random bios updates

Florre
Level 7
Anyone knows why my bios gives me this screen and shuts down like 3 times after i had a powershortage?

*See screenshot and signature fir pc details*
CPU Intel i7 5960X@ 4.5Ghz
RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2400mhz
GPU 2 X EVGA GTX 980 in SLI
SSD 2 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
HDD 2 X WD RE 4TB
MOBO Asus Rampage V Extreme
PSU Corsair AX 1500i
CASE Corsair 900D
DISPLAY 2 X ROG Swift
4 REPLIES 4

Nicholas_Steel
Level 8
Well, a BIOS update can involve multiple restarts to complete the process (with a long period of nothing being shown on the screen during parts of the process, followed by the LED controller getting a lengthy update). If you didn't trigger the BIOS update yourself than I'm not sure what instigated it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard|16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM|Integrated Audio|MSI Geforce 1070Ti|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor

Florre
Level 7
I didnt start the bios update, it did that by itself after my house had a powershortage.
And 2 weeks ago when i flushed out my waterloop and had to plug out the psu cable*
CPU Intel i7 5960X@ 4.5Ghz
RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2400mhz
GPU 2 X EVGA GTX 980 in SLI
SSD 2 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
HDD 2 X WD RE 4TB
MOBO Asus Rampage V Extreme
PSU Corsair AX 1500i
CASE Corsair 900D
DISPLAY 2 X ROG Swift

Florre wrote:
I didnt start the bios update, it did that by itself after my house had a powershortage.
And 2 weeks ago when i flushed out my waterloop and had to plug out the psu cable*

did u ever updated ur bios with uefi EZ or in windows EZ? it can be buggy. try to reflash ur bios with bios flashback and screenshot ur settings first, or save on usb stick.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

This prompt can often happen unprompted due to system instability. If it persists, you may want to either revert to stock or test both CPU and memory stability independantly.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090