cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard not supporting more than 32 GB RAM

jmhr85
Level 7
Hello all,

I have recently built a new PC using the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard along with a Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory set (HX432C16PB3AK4/64) which was included in the compatibility document for the motherboard but could not managed to make the system post by using the full 64 GB RAM modules installed.

The system booted properly with just 2 memory modules installed (32 GB: 2 x 16) installed in slots 2 and 4.
According to the motherboard specs, it is supposed to support up to 128 GB of RAM and the memory kit should be working fine with full 4 slots used.

Is there somebody who experienced a similar situation?
I'm ok with 32 GB, since it is still a lot of RAM but would love to take full advantage of the purchased memory set. Is there anything that could be done to achieve that?, am I missing something?

Another important thing to mention is that the CPU used in the build is: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core.
Please find the system full specs shown in my about section for further reference.

Thanks in advance and best regards.
11 REPLIES 11

cljustin
Level 8
Hello JMHR,

Is your BIOS up to date and have you tried clearing CMOS? Also, have you made sure that all 4 sticks are working and none are defective?

cljustin wrote:
Hello JMHR,

Is your BIOS up to date and have you tried clearing CMOS? Also, have you made sure that all 4 sticks are working and none are defective?

Hello cljustin, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have updated the BIOS to 2606 version which is the latest version and cleared CMOS.
Had the opportunity to test the 128 GB (4 x 32 GB) of the same brand (Kingston Predator, but 3600 mHz) and got a similar result: just managed to make the system boot with only one stick (32 GB) installed in slot 3 (which was kind of weird, to be honest).

The motherboard came with the 2307 BIOS version installed from factory.

cokejcm
Level 7
Hi,
I'm expericing the same problem. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and 4 modules of RAM (Crucial Ballistix). All of them work fine separately but when I put them all together only 32 gb are detected instead of 64. I installed Version 3001 2020/12/08 of the BIOS but still not working. Is ASUS investigating this?
Thanks.

jmhr85 wrote:
Hello all,

I have recently built a new PC using the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard along with a Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory set (HX432C16PB3AK4/64) which was included in the compatibility document for the motherboard but could not managed to make the system post by using the full 64 GB RAM modules installed.

The system booted properly with just 2 memory modules installed (32 GB: 2 x 16) installed in slots 2 and 4.
According to the motherboard specs, it is supposed to support up to 128 GB of RAM and the memory kit should be working fine with full 4 slots used.

Is there somebody who experienced a similar situation?
I'm ok with 32 GB, since it is still a lot of RAM but would love to take full advantage of the purchased memory set. Is there anything that could be done to achieve that?, am I missing something?

Another important thing to mention is that the CPU used in the build is: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core.
Please find the system full specs shown in my about section for further reference.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

cokejcm wrote:
Hi,
I'm expericing the same problem. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and 4 modules of RAM (Crucial Ballistix). All of them work fine separately but when I put them all together only 32 gb are detected instead of 64. I installed Version 3001 2020/12/08 of the BIOS but still not working. Is ASUS investigating this?
Thanks.

Hi cokejcm, somewhat I'm glad I'm not the only one... I had no updates on this, also updated BIOS to 3001 recently but same result.
As stated previously, it is sad that the motherboard should support 128 GB RAM max. but can't use even use 64 GB RAM in the reality.

I believe people do not usually install more than 32 gigas, that's why not many of us detected this. I hope they take a look to this since the specification of the motherboard is pretty clear about accepting up to 128 GB.

jmhr85 wrote:
Hi cokejcm, somewhat I'm glad I'm not the only one... I had no updates on this, also updated BIOS to 3001 recently but same result.
As stated previously, it is sad that the motherboard should support 128 GB RAM max. but can't use even use 64 GB RAM in the reality.

Hi,
I finally found the problem and I wasn't inserting the modules correctly. I know it sounds embarrasing but even when I was hearing the "click", the module was not properly inserted in the rank. @jmhr85 if you have the opportunity try again several times just in case your problem was the same as mine (it's likely not but just in case).

jmhr85 wrote:

cokejcm wrote:
Hi,
I finally found the problem and I wasn't inserting the modules correctly. I know it sounds embarrasing but even when I was hearing the "click", the module was not properly inserted in the rank. @jmhr85 if you have the opportunity try again several times just in case your problem was the same as mine (it's likely not but just in case).

Hey, I'm having a similar problem, with my x570 e-gaming!

I had 2*8GB ram 3600Mhz CL18 from corsair vengance pro.

I added another 2* 8GB total 4*8GB

Seem all ok the profile for AMD Profile to boost the frequency is active to 3600Mhz I can boot and do all but for some reason sometimes i get a green screen, saying i computer can't write to a read only memory.

Should i disable the Ram profile XMP/XMS don't know the name, and try to Overclock "by hand", can this be a bad memory module ?

I did ear the clicks on the 2 new modules and they are all lined up the 4 DIMMS.

Any ideas? This ram tweaks are such a pain never a good way to test...

Thanks

I've also been having problems with my X570-E and running high speed memory with my 5950X. I get random whea crashes in certain games. The system is super unstable with DOCP on at 3000mhz. I have a second set of corsair vengeance rgb ram that is supposed to support up to 4000mhz but I can't even get to BIOS with 4 sticks installed, docp on/off.

X570 Fella wrote:
I've also been having problems with my X570-E and running high speed memory with my 5950X. I get random whea crashes in certain games. The system is super unstable with DOCP on at 3000mhz. I have a second set of corsair vengeance rgb ram that is supposed to support up to 4000mhz but I can't even get to BIOS with 4 sticks installed, docp on/off.

Try with 2 sticks first at the XMP profile then bum the speed.. then luck comes in for 4 sticks..