cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen has a red hue only when plugged into charger - Zephyrus S GX531GXH

msforbes
Level 7
Hi - I purchased my Zephyrus S GX531GXH laptop about two months ago and have been encountering this issue for a while now. My screen has a very noticeable red tint to it that makes using the laptop monitor very frustrating. At first I thought it was due to an external program I downloaded such as F.LUX, but then I realized that my screen is fine whenever it is unplugged from the charger - the screen has a red hue ONLY when on the charger.

What is causing this, and how can I fix it? I thought I had installed all the necessary drivers, but if there's a specific one that causes this issue to occur I can try reinstalling it. Thanks for any advice you are able to provide!
2 REPLIES 2

fbajjar
Level 8
Is your laptop on optimus or g-sync mode? Check your color settings in the NVIDIA control panel and also check if the color temperature in armoury crate's GameVisual is set correctly.

Thanks for your reply. Upon opening Armoury Crate, there is no GameVisual button - as in, the button on the Asus guide I consulted here https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043607/#a1 is not on my version of Armoury Crate at all. Unfortunately, this form will not allow me to post pictures of the issue for some reason, but is GameVisual only available on certain versions of Armoury Crate?

I am also unable to locate Optimus/Gsync modes, nor can I find Color Settings in the Nvidia Control Panel (mine only has the header task "3D Settings", whereas it appears that the Color Display setting should be under the task "Display", which is nowhere to be found on my end.