cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an old Rampage IV extreme ... random resetting Issues.

Krorghar
Level 9
Greetings

Here is the problem. After a random amount of time, the system resets without warning, no blue screen, no nothing, just resets. Then after a while it resets again but sooner. The same behavior repeats 1 or 2 times more, till it reaches the point of no return, as i call it.

In this state it wont get into windows. I got power in the motherboard, i got the fans running, but the debug numeric leds dont light. and it remains in this state till i power down, let it rest for a few hours and try to turn the pc on again, then all repeats again.

At first i thought it could be the psu, so i installed a new one, same behavior, so not a psu problem

Then i monitorized CPU temperature and ran prime 95, cpu temp was stable and fresh (55c) till the fallure.

Stripped the PC from all unnecesary, just the S.O HD, the Graph card, and 1 memory module, no changes.

Replaced CMOS battery for a new one, and all the same.

So thats all i could do, i dont know what to do next, any help and tips are very wellcome, please help with this strange behavior.
3 REPLIES 3

extreme
Level 7
seems MB problem. did you reseat the cpu yet? flash back bios?

extreme wrote:
seems MB problem. did you reseat the cpu yet? flash back bios?

Ty for the response friend, actually i have ordered a usb flasher, will extract the chips and flah them back. Could u explain this cpu reset method pls?

Krorghar wrote:
Ty for the response friend, actually i have ordered a usb flasher, will extract the chips and flah them back. Could u explain this cpu reset method pls?

They mean re-SEAT, Pull the cpu out. inspect the pads and the pins. then put it back in. this sounds like bad caps or overheating.