cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermals (throttling?) on the 115W 2070 Super variant of the Zephyrus S15 (GX502LWS)

lakshay2020
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying the Asus Zephyrus S15 GX502 with the 2070 Super GPU. However, I am a bit worried if it can handle the 115W GPU without throttling in its slim chassis. So, can anyone please tell me, if the S15 can handle the heat, and sustain 115W power without overheating? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

fbajjar
Level 8
Coming from a GX502GW owner, this thing runs like a frying pan and i regret ever buying it. Over 95C in CPU for all games and 80-85C GPU. The real problem is the middle of the keyboard gets too hot sometimes that it burns my fingers. While it is not thermal throttling that much it is not comfortable to game on by any means. Keep in mind i already took this unit to the service center and planning to take it back again....I surely hope they have fixed it this time but at the time of writing this i do not recommend this laptop if you are worried about temps. (forgot to mention that my laptop and the new one are the same in terms of GPU wattage 115W)