cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Customer Service

Jerry_Spedding
Level 7
i have always been loyal to asus and asus rog... I have had over 5 laptops, along with 3 motherboards, rapture, 2 27in rog monitors, the crappy over priced Spartha mouse, along with mutliple other things.

I just got a GL704 laptop april 2019, and i had issues with it out of the box. I am missing brackets so i could add a ssd drive and a connector. My wifi was not preforming no where near the speeds (and i have a asus rapture). They send me a cable but its not long enough and i did not get a ssd bracket. Now they never addressed my wifi issue, (they were supposed to send me a fed x lable but never did). So now my battery is right. So now they want me to send in my laptop with a fee. This laptop hasnt been used that much at all. I bought it cause its a thin model i use for work, and my other asus laptop i use all the time, i just hate lugging the big one eveywhere.

So warranty gives me the run around and i ask for a NE USA rep number so i can contact... of course... nothing.. i get sorry we cant do anything for you cuase its out of warranty....lol

So i decieded not to buy any more asus products.... and in the next 2 months my gf needs a new laptop and im buiding another desktop... and maybe i will share pics of my new stuff... just to show you i wasnt lying.
4 REPLIES 4

Jerry_Spedding
Level 7
This is how awesome this forum is... again no one reached out... time to buy MSI now...

Thanks ROG for blowing me off...

This year i need another laptop and a new desktop...time to try msi... thanks asus...

Blake1
Level 10
Hi Jerry,
I will move your thread to the correct part and please PM me your SN.
and what do you mean by "So now my battery is right"?
Thank you.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Not to add salt to a wound, but I fear the day I have any real problems that require an RMA. I twice contacted Asus via chat about a horrible Bios problem with my Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard--which was by no means cheap. The first time I contacted Asus via chat, and as soon as I had explained the problem I was disconnected. Then I contacted Asus via chat again, and they put me on hold, and twenty minutes later I again got disconnected without a word, and after I sat at my computer all that time staring at the screen. When I later contacted Asus via email explaining that the problem was with the latest Bios they told me to remove the cpu cooler and reapply paste. But there was no problem when I used an older BIos. I sent them an email once more explaining that and was again told to reapply paste. The advice was bogus and took no account of the problem or the cause, and it was careless and a shoddy reply.

In summary, I feel your pain, Jerry Spedding. And I too worry about a situation like yours. It is my understanding EVGA is one of the best when it comes to service and contacting them. In fact, that is my exerience with EVGA, first hand. While I am generally very happy with Asus hardware, and can't say anything against it--I think it is first rate--the software is often horrible, and the service, in my experience, is even worse.

Valethar
Level 8
They've never had anything I would consider to be 'customer service'. Once the money changes hands, you no longer matter.

I had an issue with the Aura Terminal early on. When I sent a message to 'customer service' to inquire about it, I got an email reply stating the 'laptop you're interested in will be in stock again soon'. When I had issues with the RAM slots in my Maximus Hero IX not working properly, I was told they can't help me, because I didn't buy all four sticks in a single set, and pointed me at an obscure forum post buried where you'd never find it if they didn't show you where it was. Even after I bought a new set, they always had an excuse that pointed at something else other than the MOBO having a defect. Couldn't even get them to discuss a warranty return to have it looked at.

My next build will be back to EVGA or MSI. They actually stand behind their products and offer help when you ask for it.