cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 1800X on Asus Strix X570-E ?

NaeemPK
Level 7
Ryzen 7 1800X on Asus Strix X570-E ? CPU show up as supported on motherbaord support page but i did not find a single user on internet who has it working so i need confirmation before i buy it as i am planning to do ryzen 5000 upgrade in next year and want to use my old 1800x for few months as my Crosshair 6 herio motherbaod is dead few months after it ran out of warranty
|

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_CPU/
3 REPLIES 3

Kinshadow
Level 7
So, I have tried this and I am getting a red CPU light with a Q-code of 04 (PCH initialization). Obviously, there is no screen output. I have tried every BIOS after 1409 (where 1800x support was added) and I get the same result.

I've tried 2 different memories from the QVL (one 3600 and one 2400 MT/s) with the same result (single stick in the correct slot). Reseating the CPU doesn't change the issue, but I don't have a spare CPU to try.

Has anyone else tried this pairing?

thesmokingman
Level 7
You have to stay on the older bios 1xxx version iirc. Do the the bios flashback, renamer via usb stick.

The BIOS list says that support 'starts' with release 1409. None of the releases (1409, 2408, ... 2812) seem to work. 1409 isn't even listed on the website anymore and you have to change the URL to even download it.