Thread: 10940x temps

New ROGer Array

10940x temps

Hello I'm looking for some advise on my current custom loop temps its my first ever pc build
    I'm a little unsure about my CPU temps and I'm wondering if some more experienced people could tell me if these temps are ok or if maybe I need to start looking into the temps
    I have tried looking on the web to see if I can find any temps with similar setups but I'm still to find any information
    so my specs are as follows

Bios 3105
    CPU: i9 10940x
    CPU water block : EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB
    Motherboard : asus rog rampage vi extreme omega
    ram : 64gb gskill trident z 36000mhz ( xmp) enabled
    nvme : corsair mp510 2tb x2
    ssd : samsung 860 evo 4tb x2
    gpu : MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GAMING X TRIO X2 in sli
    Gpu water block : EK-Vector Trio RTX 2080 Ti D-RGB
    Radiators : Corsair Hydro X XR7 480mm X2 (gpu loop) Corsair Hydro X XR5 420mm (cpu loop)
    Reservoirs / Pump's : Ek quantum Kinetic x2
    Fans : corsair icue 140 x6 (cpu rad) corsair icue 120 x18 gpu rads & exhaust all rads are in push/pull config
    Psu : Asus rog Thor 1200w platinum
    chassis : CORSAIR Obsidian 1000D
    thermal paste used for both cpu/gp`s : corsiar xtm50
    16mm acrylic tubing

Temps are as follows
    cpu temp idle : 32/36c sometimes can be as low as 29c
    cpu water temps : 28c
    motherboard temp :33c
    gpu temps idle : 27c
    gpu water temps : 25c
    ram temps : between 37 to 40c
    nvme temps : 37
    samsung ssd drives : 28c

ambient temp 28.88c
    intake fans 28.70c
    bottom of case 28.87c
    top of case 30.77
    exhaust fan 27.88
    my cpu rad is mounted in the top of the case with the x2 480`s at the front of my case

also after running msi afterburner today that is saying my CPU is running about 5 to 8 c hotter than the mobo display is saying so I'm confused as hell and not sure what one to believe

CPU temps under load during 3dmark at there highest point was 50c gpu temps at there highest was 45c that's on the mobo live dash display , so if I was to go with afterburner temps it would be even higher
    as I mentioned above this is my first custom loop and i know all cpu`s have differing temps at idle and under load , so my question to you more experienced guys is are these temps ok for the above cpu & gpu`s or should i haver course for concern
    I was expecting to see 25/27 c for CPU so just a bit unsure if I should maybe double check my jet plate , thermal paste , or make sure the CPU block is seated correctly
    somebody please put me out my misery or make me happy , other than the CPU temp I'm well chuffed first ever build I'm over the moon with it been wanting to build a custom loop for years

thanks very much for taking your time to read this long winded cry for help ,sorry if I've not listed correct details for the answer I'm looking for be more than happy to provide anything to get an answer on this
    and any help / advise would be really appreciated
    best regards
    Last edited by FORCE-NO1; 10-17-2020 at 01:54 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cekeu PC Specs
    cekeu PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10920X
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core

I find it to be very good temperatures and you don't have to worry about it. There are often differences in results between apps

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cekeu View Post
    I find it to be very good temperatures and you don't have to worry about it. There are often differences in results between apps
    Thats great thank you for confirming the above , much appreciated

New ROGer Array

These are excellent temps, especially considering ambient temp. So no problems at all.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Yup, those are good temperatures.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Excuse me all ,
    I dont see that he want to take advice if you are talking about real bench or real temp please go play games or make video editing or stress your cpu [ 3Dbenchmark is not enough since it's depend on GPu ..
    then we can tell if your temp is fine

I would suggest you to play 'Warzone since this game takes almost 60% of cpu usage " for your 40x 14core.
    Mine on idle 32 C with same Case and Custom loop .
    But different CPU and The cpu was OC'd So if you wanna really my advice .. you should tell us .. What is the temp on gaming and Cpu Clock / Was your GPu OC'd too ?

Overall like what u shared ' CPU/GPu Fine and very good " IDLE "
    but compared with TEMP on load with mine yours was too high .
    compared to mine > 10980XE
    Last edited by lLegendaary; 10-18-2020 at 10:59 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by lLegendaary View Post
    Excuse me all ,
    I dont see that he want to take advice if you are talking about real bench or real temp please go play games or make video editing or stress your cpu [ 3Dbenchmark is not enough since it's depend on GPu ..
    then we can tell if your temp is fine

I would suggest you to play 'Warzone since this game takes almost 60% of cpu usage " for your 40x 14core.
    Mine on idle 32 C with same Case and Custom loop .
    But different CPU and The cpu was OC'd So if you wanna really my advice .. you should tell us .. What is the temp on gaming and Cpu Clock / Was your GPu OC'd too ?

Overall like what u shared ' CPU/GPu Fine and very good " IDLE "
    but compared with TEMP on load with mine yours was too high .
    compared to mine > 10980XE
    How do you see I dont want to take advise ? But I clearly state in my original post that I’m after advice so I don’t see how you can state that I’m not taking anybody’s advice , not quite sure where your coming from to be honest
    *I have come to the forum asking to see if my temps was ok as this is my first build , I didnt come on here to compare benchmarks or be rude to anybody
    You say I should play games to get true reflection on my temps , the reason I didnt post my game temps is they was all lower than the benchmark mark temps I had.
    I’m no benchmark expert I was simply trying to stress my system running the individual gpu & cpu test* provided by 3dmark so that when I come to post on the forum I would have some idle/benchmark temps to provide the more experienced people the information they would require to provide me with the answers I was looking for
    *I’m Currently playing death stranding , fallout 76 and cpu temp hasnt exceeded 45
    And as for quoting your temps be nice if you could provide some ambient temps for us , Sorry if I sound a bit short but you come across slightly rude mate seen as though Im just after a bit of advice / help not here to compare man hood if you don’t want to lend a fellow pc builder any advice that’s fine just move along .
    *Just after a bit of reassurance that I’m on the correct lines with the temps
    Like I said it’s my first build build just want a bit of clarification that I’m not about to melt my cpu
    Last edited by FORCE-NO1; 10-18-2020 at 04:24 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Int8bldr View Post
    These are excellent temps, especially considering ambient temp. So no problems at all.
    thanks for your reassuring helpÂ*

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Yup, those are good temperatures.
    thanks for your help appreciate it just what I was after a bit of conformationÂ*