cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10940x temps

FORCE-NO1
Level 7
Hello I'm looking for some advise on my current custom loop temps its my first ever pc build
I'm a little unsure about my CPU temps and I'm wondering if some more experienced people could tell me if these temps are ok or if maybe I need to start looking into the temps
I have tried looking on the web to see if I can find any temps with similar setups but I'm still to find any information
so my specs are as follows

Bios 3105
CPU: i9 10940x
CPU water block : EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB
Motherboard : asus rog rampage vi extreme omega
ram : 64gb gskill trident z 36000mhz ( xmp) enabled
nvme : corsair mp510 2tb x2
ssd : samsung 860 evo 4tb x2
gpu : MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GAMING X TRIO X2 in sli
Gpu water block : EK-Vector Trio RTX 2080 Ti D-RGB
Radiators : Corsair Hydro X XR7 480mm X2 (gpu loop) Corsair Hydro X XR5 420mm (cpu loop)
Reservoirs / Pump's : Ek quantum Kinetic x2
Fans : corsair icue 140 x6 (cpu rad) corsair icue 120 x18 gpu rads & exhaust all rads are in push/pull config
Psu : Asus rog Thor 1200w platinum
chassis : CORSAIR Obsidian 1000D
thermal paste used for both cpu/gp`s : corsiar xtm50
16mm acrylic tubing

Temps are as follows
cpu temp idle : 32/36c sometimes can be as low as 29c
cpu water temps : 28c
motherboard temp :33c
gpu temps idle : 27c
gpu water temps : 25c
ram temps : between 37 to 40c
nvme temps : 37
samsung ssd drives : 28c

ambient temp 28.88c
intake fans 28.70c
bottom of case 28.87c
top of case 30.77
exhaust fan 27.88
my cpu rad is mounted in the top of the case with the x2 480`s at the front of my case

also after running msi afterburner today that is saying my CPU is running about 5 to 8 c hotter than the mobo display is saying so I'm confused as hell and not sure what one to believe

CPU temps under load during 3dmark at there highest point was 50c gpu temps at there highest was 45c that's on the mobo live dash display , so if I was to go with afterburner temps it would be even higher
as I mentioned above this is my first custom loop and i know all cpu`s have differing temps at idle and under load , so my question to you more experienced guys is are these temps ok for the above cpu & gpu`s or should i haver course for concern
I was expecting to see 25/27 c for CPU so just a bit unsure if I should maybe double check my jet plate , thermal paste , or make sure the CPU block is seated correctly
somebody please put me out my misery or make me happy , other than the CPU temp I'm well chuffed first ever build I'm over the moon with it been wanting to build a custom loop for years

thanks very much for taking your time to read this long winded cry for help ,sorry if I've not listed correct details for the answer I'm looking for be more than happy to provide anything to get an answer on this
and any help / advise would be really appreciated
best regards
8 REPLIES 8

cekeu
Level 12
I find it to be very good temperatures and you don't have to worry about it. There are often differences in results between apps

cekeu wrote:
I find it to be very good temperatures and you don't have to worry about it. There are often differences in results between apps

Thats great thank you for confirming the above , much appreciated

These are excellent temps, especially considering ambient temp. So no problems at all.

Int8bldr wrote:
These are excellent temps, especially considering ambient temp. So no problems at all.

thanks for your reassuring helpÂ*

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yup, those are good temperatures.

Super Gnome wrote:
Yup, those are good temperatures.

thanks for your help appreciate it just what I was after a bit of conformationÂ*

lLegendaary
Level 9
Excuse me all ,
I dont see that he want to take advice if you are talking about real bench or real temp please go play games or make video editing or stress your cpu [ 3Dbenchmark is not enough since it's depend on GPu ..
then we can tell if your temp is fine

I would suggest you to play 'Warzone since this game takes almost 60% of cpu usage " for your 40x 14core.
Mine on idle 32 C with same Case and Custom loop .
But different CPU and The cpu was OC'd So if you wanna really my advice .. you should tell us .. What is the temp on gaming and Cpu Clock / Was your GPu OC'd too ?

Overall like what u shared ' CPU/GPu Fine and very good " IDLE "
but compared with TEMP on load with mine yours was too high .
compared to mine > 10980XE

lLegendaary wrote:
Excuse me all ,
I dont see that he want to take advice if you are talking about real bench or real temp please go play games or make video editing or stress your cpu [ 3Dbenchmark is not enough since it's depend on GPu ..
then we can tell if your temp is fine

I would suggest you to play 'Warzone since this game takes almost 60% of cpu usage " for your 40x 14core.
Mine on idle 32 C with same Case and Custom loop .
But different CPU and The cpu was OC'd So if you wanna really my advice .. you should tell us .. What is the temp on gaming and Cpu Clock / Was your GPu OC'd too ?

Overall like what u shared ' CPU/GPu Fine and very good " IDLE "
but compared with TEMP on load with mine yours was too high .
compared to mine > 10980XE

How do you see I dont want to take advise ? But I clearly state in my original post that I’m after advice so I don’t see how you can state that I’m not taking anybody’s advice , not quite sure where your coming from to be honest
*I have come to the forum asking to see if my temps was ok as this is my first build , I didnt come on here to compare benchmarks or be rude to anybody
You say I should play games to get true reflection on my temps , the reason I didnt post my game temps is they was all lower than the benchmark mark temps I had.
I’m no benchmark expert I was simply trying to stress my system running the individual gpu & cpu test* provided by 3dmark so that when I come to post on the forum I would have some idle/benchmark temps to provide the more experienced people the information they would require to provide me with the answers I was looking for
*I’m Currently playing death stranding , fallout 76 and cpu temp hasnt exceeded 45
And as for quoting your temps be nice if you could provide some ambient temps for us , Sorry if I sound a bit short but you come across slightly rude mate seen as though Im just after a bit of advice / help not here to compare man hood if you don’t want to lend a fellow pc builder any advice that’s fine just move along .
*Just after a bit of reassurance that I’m on the correct lines with the temps
Like I said it’s my first build build just want a bit of clarification that I’m not about to melt my cpu