cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G731-gu usb c to displayport support daisy chain (mst) or not

aggapost
Level 7
I have the G731-GU which has a usb c plug which supports as everybody knows displayport 1.4 protocol .
When i connect my dell u2415h with my usb to displayport adapter and a proper displayport cable it works perfectly.
When i also connect my second dell u2415h via daisy chain proper cable connections the result is no signal in both monitors.
When i connect the first dell u2415h with hdmi from laptop and the second from usb c to display port the result is signal only to hdmi connected monitor.
The second from usb c to display port has no signal in that case.
So i am trying to connect both from usb c to display port via MST (daisy chain) but nothing seems to work for a solution with 2 monitors.
Does anybody with G731-GU has a working solution with 2 working monitors with extended display area (not mirrored)?
3 REPLIES 3

handokovska
Level 7
Not sure if the usb c can work with hdmi at once...
Try to find its setting in BIOS,
if using HDMI could work probably you can try to jump HDMi to other monitor, so it will need 2 hdmi cables.
laptop - hdmi - 1st monitor - hdmi - 2nd monitor

handokovska wrote:
Not sure if the usb c can work with hdmi at once...
Try to find its setting in BIOS,
if using HDMI could work probably you can try to jump HDMi to other monitor, so it will need 2 hdmi cables.
laptop - hdmi - 1st monitor - hdmi - 2nd monitor

you cannot daisy chain with hdmi...only with displayport ..thats the rule
and i am trying to find out if the usb c in that laptop which outpout display port signal can daisy chain
in my laptop the usb c to displayport does not work with 2 monitors...only with 1 monitor

Blake1
Level 10
Hello aggapost.
For this model, we would suggest to connect 1 monitor form HDMI and 1 monitor from Type C DP port at the same time, without using dock or converter would be better.
If still can not support 2 monitors at the same time, we would suggest to check on the power consumption, might need to lower it.
Thank you.