cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Issues with GT-AX11000 AI Protection and a few other things

FMCS-BOSS-ICEMA
Level 7
Hello all, I think I have a issue with the AI Protection, since last 2 firmware updates I have gotten no entries in the logs on all three options, I ask this as I used to get regular logged blocked attacks from mass scanners, sql injection attempts and some cve vulnerabilities entries ( I host a website etc..) but for the last 2 firmwares I havnt seen peep in the logs and I used to get hits daily with log entries. I have reset the router both ways including hard reset with new firmware and still no dice so I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if it can be fixed (not that I dont mind not getting blocker logs but Id rather see if its actually working) as it seems to be a false negative to me.

Also I cannot seem to run 160mhz on both 5g stations only one (not sure if it meant to be like that so some info regarding that will be awesome).
Im also trying to setup a RP-AC68u unit as a bridge but dont seem to be getting the right speeds and it doesnt keep a consistent connection using the 5g channel, also looks like it uses the 2g channel as a anchor of sorts and only keeps a speed of 54mbps while 5gb gets around 1100mbps on average, any info on this too would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance.
12 REPLIES 12

JeffLo
Level 10
same thing here i just bought this AX11000 and no entries in Aiprotection ever since i got the unit about 2 weeks already

chris_k
Level 8
FMCS-BOSS-ICEMAN wrote:
Hello all, I think I have a issue with the AI Protection, since last 2 firmware updates I have gotten no entries in the logs on all three options, I ask this as I used to get regular logged blocked attacks from mass scanners, sql injection attempts and some cve vulnerabilities entries ( I host a website etc..) but for the last 2 firmwares I havnt seen peep in the logs and I used to get hits daily with log entries. I have reset the router both ways including hard reset with new firmware and still no dice so I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if it can be fixed (not that I dont mind not getting blocker logs but Id rather see if its actually working) as it seems to be a false negative to me.

Also I cannot seem to run 160mhz on both 5g stations only one (not sure if it meant to be like that so some info regarding that will be awesome).
Im also trying to setup a RP-AC68u unit as a bridge but dont seem to be getting the right speeds and it doesnt keep a consistent connection using the 5g channel, also looks like it uses the 2g channel as a anchor of sorts and only keeps a speed of 54mbps while 5gb gets around 1100mbps on average, any info on this too would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance.

Same here on the ai protection. I'm assuming it will get fixed in a future fw.
As for the 5ghz bridge issue, if you want to use one of the 5ghz bands with the ac68u, you will have to give up on ax on that band. Give the ac68u a static ip when you first connect it to the ax11000. On the ax11000, whatever band you are going to use for the bridge (5ghz-1 or 5ghz-2), make sure the wireless mode is set to n/ac/ax mixed, turn off 802.11ax/wifi6, set the channel bandwidth to either 80 or 40 (40 would likely give you better range) and do not use auto on the control channel, manually pick a channel. Keep in mind that the ac68u will not connect to ax or 160mhz bandwidth. Good luck!

FMCS-BOSS-ICEMA
Level 7
Still having the issue with AI Protection, Hard reset router, reinstalled firmware etc etc still no entries this is starting to drive me nuts, IDK if I have been compromised or not no logs of any sort regarding AI Protection any ideas on what else I could try before asking to rma this thing?

FMCS-BOSS-ICEMAN wrote:
Still having the issue with AI Protection, Hard reset router, reinstalled firmware etc etc still no entries this is starting to drive me nuts, IDK if I have been compromised or not no logs of any sort regarding AI Protection any ideas on what else I could try before asking to rma this thing?

RMA it for what? Anyone who is running the latest firmware is having the same issue.

After I saw your post in October, I logged into my AX1100 and verified that AI protection is not logging anything (maybe not even working at all).

We're at the mercy of ASUS to release a non crap firmware update.

You can try to roll back but I believe the latest firmware also had a security fix or two so then you'd be leaving that open.

This is ASUS though who was ordered by a US court to update the firmware on their routers. AKA, they don't have a great track record with firmware.

FMCS-BOSS-ICEMA
Level 7
I see so everyone with this router is having this issue, I did see a youtube vid posted the day after I posted this topic and he has the same updated firmware version but seems to be logging entries even while the ai protection was turned off?,... https://youtu.be/o-vz_s_E6rI?t=249 Unless this was recorded prior to the firmware update but its using the current firmware so not sure what to make of that, maybe only some people arnt having the ai protection working and others do?

I have a GT5300 and have the same issue, AiProtection has no hits ('0') for malicious sites, but used to block a ton of sites (at least from the stats)... Did all the same things, reloaded firmware, rebooted, etc.

I attempted to enter a ticket for support on behalf of the community here, but they made it too complex... send us your logs, re-describe the problem, try these 10 steps, etc... I ultimately gave up.

If this is the intake process, I'm not sure the dev's or product teams ever get enough insight into the issues to know they need to be fixed and we already know they only selectively monitor the forums...

We'll just have hope it is actually working and only the counters are buggy...:(

They seemed to be working after the new firmware update released today.

I'm getting some counts.

FYI

Editing my post... I saw a count, but looked again and they are now all '0', so I'll wait for input from others...

FMCS-BOSS-ICEMA
Level 7
I also updated to the new firmware and the counters still dont show any hits, I used that wrs49.winshipway.com link and I do get the routers blocking page so it seems to be working but not counting in the logs.
I have also another strange thing I wonder if anyone else has also,... I use an ad blocker (ublock origin) not active on the page but still counts connections, and checked the list of connections and I have this http://appsrv-243812269.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com link in the list, so I go to the link and it has this suspicious gui of a rt-ax95q router interface page which states is a simulation but why the heck is it connected to my router? I doubt there is any reason I should have another routers web gui connected to mine if its not even the same router which makes it more dubious looking, I also read online somewhere that its to do the dns lookup for the domain router.asus.com but why would it need to if it has the dns resolved anyway when the router is not connected to the internet?, I think an asus dev/rep needs to explain this as its looks like some sort of monitoring/data collection is going on here.