cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G531GT Undervolting Lock

firzen46
Level 7
I am currently using the Asus G531GT with Gen9 i5.
The last BIOS update (to 307) locked the ability to undervolt the machine.
It has been sometime and I can see for some other models of laptops and motherboards they are slowly at least getting the ability to undervolt via the latest BIOS with a limit of -80mv.

I am just wondering if there is any plan to expand that to other models as well?
In particular, when can I expect to be able to undervolt my machine again?
3 REPLIES 3

KorosuKivy
Level 10
firzen46 wrote:
I am currently using the Asus G531GT with Gen9 i5.
The last BIOS update (to 307) locked the ability to undervolt the machine.
It has been sometime and I can see for some other models of laptops and motherboards they are slowly at least getting the ability to undervolt via the latest BIOS with a limit of -80mv.

I am just wondering if there is any plan to expand that to other models as well?
In particular, when can I expect to be able to undervolt my machine again?

You never will unless you roll back to the last bios update that supported undervolting as that is what everyone is doing

Blake1
Level 10
Hello firzen46,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We are and will follow this on our BIOS setting.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello firzen46,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We are and will follow this on our BIOS setting.
Thank you.

Yes I understanding this.
But as I have mentioned, from what I can gather a lot of the latest model of laptops and motherboard by Asus this year, such as the Strix G15, is now offering undervolting directly in Bios as a substitute.
I am just wondering if there is a timetable in expanding this function to future Bios updates to older models.