Level 7
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/HelpDesk_BIOS/

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 2311
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 PatchB
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
4. Fixed keyboard device issue

Any testers?

I'm waiting on G.Skill to reply to my e-mail to confirm if they ever got through to ASUS support before I try updating. Still on 1302 due to complications with 2xxx revisions.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
29 REPLIES 29

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

I've no problems on this UEFI or previous builds with my personal setup. Have just flashed to 2311 and reinstated previous memory settings.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Just noticed this new Bios. Having some of these new Bioses have problems, it sure would be nice to know how this latest one is. Thanks and thanks in advance to anyone who posts here to mention any problems or if they are having no problems.

Version 2311
2020/10/2020.03 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 2311
"1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 PatchB
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
4. Fixed keyboard device issue
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file(C8F.CAP)using BIOSRenamer."

I'm one of the people affected by the instability issues with BIOS newer than 1302. I tried 2010 and 2206 and they were still unstable so I'm reluctant to try again. I really hope ASUS will figure out what is going on for us.

C8H
3900X
32GB 3600 G.Skill Samsung B-Die

ahk057 wrote:
I'm one of the people affected by the instability issues with BIOS newer than 1302. I tried 2010 and 2206 and they were still unstable so I'm reluctant to try again. I really hope ASUS will figure out what is going on for us.

C8H
3900X
32GB 3600 G.Skill Samsung B-Die

Hey, I have the exact same hardware as you and the same issues. That said, the latest alpha/beta BIOS on which this new version is based (I think), is the first one which worked for me, past 1302. I'll update to this official release later and report back on the stability.

EDIT:
This is the version I am using, maybe you want to try it too to see if you have some success with it: https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.172879...

EDIT2:
As I expected, the upgrade went smoothly without any issues.

owah_rog wrote:
Hey, I have the exact same hardware as you and the same issues. That said, the latest alpha/beta BIOS on which this new version is based (I think), is the first one which worked for me, past 1302. I'll update to this official release later and report back on the stability.

EDIT:
This is the version I am using, maybe you want to try it too to see if you have some success with it: https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.172879...

EDIT2:
As I expected, the upgrade went smoothly without any issues.

Hi,

same here. Version 1302 was the best BIOS so far in terms of DRAM compatibility and stability. Sadly the support doesn't care. 😞

Greets,
Hauser

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have tested this thoroughly with various CPUs and boards already....works great

New AMD chipset drivers out too...

All fine for my testing

Spent yesterday with this BIOS - kept coming back with an error related to CPU Voltage when I tried an Overclock.Gave up and went back to 1302 too - seems the best BIOS for many of us.

Ziggiesden wrote:
Spent yesterday with this BIOS - kept coming back with an error related to CPU Voltage when I tried an Overclock.Gave up and went back to 1302 too - seems the best BIOS for many of us.

Jep, had that BIOS Version before, was great. But i will buy fast 5900X, so i need the new bios ^^

skellattarr
Level 10
Hi guys I installed the new Bios 1 hour ago seems to be working well so far. I'll let you guys know if anything happens but for now all good
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case