cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XII Formula Intel LAN problems

Laserkari
Level 7
Hello,

The Intel 2,5gbit LAN on my motherboad does not work after reboot. It shows allright in device manager and no errors on it, but it has no connection to at all. The connectivity leds on the motherboard I/O panel dont lid, unpluggin and plugging the cable doesn't do anyting. If I disable and re-enable it from device manager it starts to work, and do work until next reboot. I've latest BIOS on the motherboard, (0707 2020/08/28). Latest Intel LAN (Version 1.0.1.4 2020/05/22) drivers and have done the firmware update that came with them. And latest Intel chipset drivers too. The second NIC on the board, 10G Aquantia LAN on works without problems.
5 REPLIES 5

Legolas
Level 9
Hello Laserkari,

Did you try reinstall the driver? Check if lan is enable in the bios (Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration)? Did you totally uninstall the driver? It is good that you have a second LAN, please use the second lan from now on. If all troubleshooting steps and the LAN port doesn't work, the LAN port is malfunctioning. You might need to replace the board or just keep second LAN or purchase a new LAN NIC PCIE card.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Saltgrass
Level 13
On my board, not the same as yours, the Intel ports are 1Gbps and the only 2.5 Gbps is the Aquantia.. Currently I am using the Aquantia because I have a 2.5 GB port on my router.

As far as I know, all ports are working but I will check the Intel ones today to see if any recent updates might have changed that..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have been running my Ethernet ports and they seem to be stable. This board has the Intel I219-V version and running driver 12.18.9.20 from 2/3/2020.

You might open Device Manager and check the Events tab on the Properties window. Maybe it will show something..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Did you install the firmware update? That fixed the problem on my wife's Z490-E.

Yes I've completely deleted the Intel LAN driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the device. And sure its activated in BIOS as I can use it, it just stops working whenever I do warm boot.
Also as mentioned I did the firmware update included within he latest Intel LAN drivers. I can see that it have been applied correctly as the firmware update detetcs now same version and won't update again. Will see the device manager event log whenever its time to reboot again.

On my board the Intel LAN is the i225-v model which is 2,5G, but only use 1G speed as that's my router and Internet link speed. And the Aquantia 10G is in use with 10G link to my server and home network drives.

Related : https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/hqtu3h/psa_do_not_buy_any_z490_boards_with_the_intel/

edit2: It seems to be driver issue after all. Will try to revert to older version:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/i225-v-interface-shuts-down-on-re-boot.18888031/