cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74Sx Bios Brick after update

Igorfosp
Level 7
Good morning everyone. I hope you guys can help me. Look I have bought this laptop and used for like 2 hours then i see some problems and fixs for it with the bios updates. So I was reading about the update methods and I choose the easyflash one, but after the update, my computer never came back. Cant turn it on. I cant RMA since im in Brazil, the brazilian Asus said they do not cover the global warranty. So i tried everything to get my laptop back, I tried that auto flash pendrive with autoexec instructions, a cd too, but not sucess.

I have searched for a special technology company who repair laptops to reburn the eprom, and this is what we didi , i saw everything, the guy get off the bios chip, he put in some device and reburn the bios, BUT my problem still the same after the reburn. We tried to bios root directory and nothing hapened. GUys i cant lose this laptop, i saved money for like 1 ear to buy it. Please, somebody help me. Its possible to Asus send me another chip or something? Thanks.
50 REPLIES 50

ColonelS
Level 9
Im afraid there's no other way but RMA it.. for brick bios.

But the thing is, some special tech guy removed the bios chip and reburn it? =X
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

SO that guy has attempted to reprogram your bios chip , and I guess he should have applied more heat on it , thats why the bios chip burned, so you can buy a bios chip off ebay and take it to him and tell him not to use more heat, and there could be another thing also. the bios contains 2 parts , 1st one is firmware , 2nd one is bios , You will need to get both the parts from an working g74 bios chip , even if you reprogram your chip it wont work for sure , without the second part. the one you download from asus website has only the first part. the firmware part should be taken off a working bios chip, other wise what ever the attemps that you take will fail. but I have the full bios for asus g73 , but it wont work with this, I have a friend , il ask him and desolder his bios chip and using my programmer il try to make a backup , but I can do it only if he ageees to disassemble his laptop.this could be the original cause for not working( firmware part has been erased )

man u said everything, he used heat to remove the chip from motherboard. Do u think this may damage the chip? Also, about this 2 parts, damm..... i THink he is not that special..... cuz he said its only 1 file....

ColonelS wrote:
Im afraid there's no other way but RMA it.. for brick bios.

But the thing is, some special tech guy removed the bios chip and reburn it? =X

Look, im not stupid, but i dont know how to speak with u guys properly. He used a machine with air heat, then he removed the chip from motherboard, then he took the chip and put in some device to reflash the firmware 203 from asus website on chip. After that, he used more air heat to fix the chip on motherboard again.... I bought a new chip from that guy in Netherland. How I can tell him to how to fix the chip in motherboard, its with air heat? Guys im ****ed....

or if you want easy fix then , there are several sellers offering fix for these types of issues in ebay.

evga wrote:
or if you want easy fix then , there are several sellers offering fix for these types of issues in ebay.

Man if your friend allow you to do that i will open my house for you if anyday you come to Brazil. Or i can pay for your work trough Paypal. I just want to ressurect my laptop man, i cannot lose all my money since i cant send my stuff to outside of Brazil cuz i bought in US, and when u do not buy in brazil, my goverment when they see something bought from outside of brazil, they tax a lot. something i cannot afford. Thanks man.

U said several guys on ebay, but i looked and i didnt find, i have search for asus g74 bios and i found 1 guy in netherland and also i searched for bios fix nothing as well. Thanks EVGA

evga
Level 9
Most of the people doesnt know about the firmware part , so its better to tell him about it.
il ask my friend , if he allows me to get the bios chip out of his laptop, I can backup the full bios with my programmer and send it to you, so you tell that tech guy to desolder that chip from your mobo and program it with my backuped bios, and tell him to resolder . then yay your laptop will come back to life.

evga
Level 9
Hey , he not at home right now. soon after he retuns il tel you.
yes I know that you have piad more than 1000$ and bought a laptop and after a bios flash , its done, im very sad to hear.
but il get it from him soon as possible. hes my best friend.

wait il check ebay and post some links of sellers.
thanks bro.

evga wrote:
Hey , he not at home right now. soon after he retuns il tel you.
yes I know that you have piad more than 1000$ and bought a laptop and after a bios flash , its done, im very sad to hear.
but il get it from him soon as possible. hes my best friend.

wait il check ebay and post some links of sellers.
thanks bro.

No man, thanks you man. God may bless you.